Pediatric CDI Clinical Consultant
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The principal consultant is responsible for ensuring that the client's end-users (typically, physicians, nurses, CDI team, coders, and administrators) understand the client's Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) program and are successfully engaged in it – ensuring that standards, performance, utilization and operations are optimal. The principal consultant works with the client to continually monitor and manage the program to ensure it meets the client's goals and objectives, leveraging the customer's Nuance technology solutions as needed to achieve the desired outcomes.
Principal consultants are expert advisors to the client, delivering training, continuing education, compliance reviews, interim staffing and other scopes and statements of work as identified by Nuance's clients' business needs. The principal consultant must understand the needs and priorities of different customer personas and must be comfortable engaging with all levels of the customer organization.
- Works with the client to define CDI program standards and performance goals
- Partners with the Application Consultant to achieve implementation synergy and leverage Nuance technology to achieve desired and expected performance outcomes
- Partners with the client in monitoring and managing the CDI program, with a focus on clinical and technical components based on proven CDI methodologies
- Expert in the capabilities, benefits, potential workflows that Nuance technologies provide, and comfortable advising the client on how Nuance software can facilitate their workflows and goals
- Leads post-implementation continuing education, inclusive of C-suite engagement
- Confidently, articulately and knowledgeably engages customer in conversations about add-on products/services and transfers opportunities to CSO team as they arise
- Proficient in utilizing the analytics tools in the Nuance software suite
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with client and Nuance teams
· Strong mentoring, coaching and teaching skills
· Confident, adept and skilled at performing evaluations of personnel being mentored and delivering solutions
· Engages audience & can modify to meet learner needs and learning styles
· Ability to integrate Nuance technology into the CDI process
· Relationship builder
· Critical thinker
· Expert in knowledge-transfer and integration of technical and clinical documentation knowledge
· Problem solver
· Flexible and able to think on your feet
· Strong emotional intelligence
· Good active listener
· Resourceful and an outside-the-box thinker
· Strong organizational Skills
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary consulting role
· Demonstrates full competency in all CDI strategies with the ability to integrate up-to-date clinical and coding thought processes and/or coding conventions
Registered Nurse (RN)/Physician’s Assistant (PA)/Foreign Medical Graduate
· Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) with bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., science, health care management, public health, etc.), required, or
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing or physician assistant studies, required, or
· Medical Doctor (MD) or MD equivalent (e.g., World Education Services), required
· Master’s degree in nursing, physician assistant or a related field is preferred.
Health Information Management (HIM)
· Associates degree in HIM/HIT with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., science, public health, etc.), or
· Bachelor’s degree in HIM
· RN/PA/MD/MD Equivalent - 2 years minimum medical/surgical experience in an acute care hospital (ICU or ED is preferred with that experience being within the past 2 years), required
· HIM - 5+ years of progressive and current inpatient coding, auditing and healthcare reimbursement methodologies, plus 1 years CDI and consulting experience (management experience preferred), required
· Robust clinical practice background
· Revenue cycle management and/or monitoring
· Electronic Health Record experience
· Experience with advanced analytics
· Program management
· Client management
· 2+ years of experience as a manager, team leader or project leader (preferred)
· At least 1-year Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) experience and consulting experience (preferred)
- Responsible for travel to the client site for delivery and/or support of customer services up to 75% with exposure to airports, airline travel and hotel accommodations.
- Normal administrative/home office environments
- Work alternative hours/schedules as needed to complete assignments.
- Transport Nuance and personal equipment and supplies as necessary for the assignment which includes, but is not limited to, laptop computer, portable printer, cell phone, printed books/documents as necessary.
- Must be able to lift 25 – 40 lbs. personal luggage and Nuance supplies.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.