At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
The Hopper Air Supply team is responsible for providing Hopper users the fares and other products from airlines across the globe. We are seeking an energetic Account Manager to oversee business relationships with important technology partners such as the Global Distribution Systems from whom we source our airline products.
The Manager will oversee commercial and operational opportunities and be the point of coordination between the partners and many Hopper stakeholders. He or she will own contract negotiations and product evaluations to ensure we are maximizing our revenue and minimizing our costs vis a vis these partners. To thrive in this role you must be a strong communicator, very analytical, and able to understand complex technology concepts. Demonstrated experience managing large and small business partnerships is required.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Negotiate new and renewal contracts with Hopper’s airline distribution technology partners
- Maintain a deep understanding of each partner’s products, systems and capabilities to maximize Hopper’s value from each
- Coordinate opportunities vis a vis each partner with Hopper’s operations, customer support, product, technology, and finance teams
- Seek new partnerships to further enhance Hopper’s air supply
- Analyze revenue and cost metrics with each partner to ensure contract adherence and financial viability
- Partner with Hopper data scientists to gain a deep understanding of Hopper’s supply competitiveness and the impact of product initiatives to our bottom line
- Craft business cases to qualify and quantify incremental opportunities with our tech partners
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term revenue forecasts and product performance reports
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
- A four year college degree
- At least 3 years managing business partnerships at a technology or travel company
- A proven track record of successfully closing deals with large, enterprise businesses
- Technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
- Highly proficient analytical abilities to draw accurate conclusions from data and adjust strategy accordingly
- Excellent writing skills to construct compelling business cases both in-person and in-writing
- Aptitude to work in a dynamic, changing business that operates as a very fast pace
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and/or other travel systems a plus
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!