Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We partner with the best retail stores in over 100 cities across North America to serve up an entirely new way to shop, with huge selection, competitive pricing and a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that permeates Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our partners. We care about our customers. We care about our company. We care about our team. We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us. Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You are someone who likes to build both processes and teams. You are eager to personally problem solve and turn your learnings into improved processes. People tend to describe you as a hard worker, but for you it is about doing the work and doing it well, because you care. You are a passionate advocate for your partners and the work you do, inspiring the same enthusiasm within your team and the organization. You have experience overseeing projects from start to finish and build out a team.
You are comfortable working directly with partners in a B2B environment, with at least 3 years of partner account management and at least 1 year in an internal management position. You have a history of building processes from early stages to an efficient mature operation. Overall, it excites and drives you to lead the creation and continued build out of a new group that will start off our retailer partnerships successfully.
What the role is
Drizly is growing its operations team and is looking for a qualified candidate to work with new Drizly retail partners with the intent of increasing customer retention, and boosting retailer performance. The person in this position will work closely with both the Sales and Account Management teams.
People who do well in Retail Operations are authentic, curious, carry a can-do attitude, and find it exciting to strategically develop the markets in which Drizly operates.
You will be responsible for building a system and a team that enables smooth setup and education of new and existing retailer partners. This includes coaching partners, assisting them with their needs, and communicating their feedback purposefully and tactfully across Drizly departments, as well as building and managing an organization to carry out these responsibilities. You will also be responsible for sharing market changes and performance metrics internally and across the Retailer Operations team.
In this role, you will:
• Establish the Onboarding & Training team as the first member, with and end goal to build a team that scales retailer onboarding
• Collaborate with Sales and Account Management teams to ensure smooth partner handoffs before and after onboarding
• Become an expert on Drizly tools and train retailers with varying levels of sophistication
• Work to an understanding of Drizly’s current onboarding process and assist new retailers with stores setup, training, and go-live
• Map out a plan for building a process to optimize the onboarding flow, including systems to use, training content, product features
• Continuously document both processes and content for internal best practices and partner educational materials
• Identify and drive efficiency in the onboarding process with an eye towards a mix of automation, partner self-training, and personal training from Drizly
• Identify areas of retailer knowledge gaps, build a training plan to address them
• Assist retailers to quickly identify potential issues and escalate them appropriately to ensure the best possible experience during their first 90 days as a Drizly partner
• Regularly communicate with retailers regarding their Drizly operations and assist retailers with account level support both proactively and reactively
• Monitor retail partner performance and coach retailers on best practices
• Organize and track effectiveness of onboarding initiatives, reporting back on results and areas of opportunity
• Work collaboratively to help grow retailer business over time
This is not a work from home position, you must be able to commute to our office in Boston, MA 5 days a week. Relocation costs are not covered for this role. If you're planning to relocate to Boston, please let us know in your cover letter.
The Good Stuff
- Equity in a fast growing startup
- One-on-one professional coaching with external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- 401(K) Plan
- Added perks
You Do You
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status