Director, Project Management Office
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
The Director, PMO is a high-profile leadership position responsible for leading and developing a staff of project managers to ensure the success of our strategic initiatives. Successful candidates will have the ability to exercise strong leadership and collaboration skills, manage complex PMO initiatives, help the organization transform and adopt PM best practices and identify opportunities to continuously improve delivery in our dynamic business environment.
Essential Job Functions:
Drive the development and adoption of Processes for a "World Class" Project Management Organization
- Define Project Management Methodology
- Create consistent cadence of Internal and External Checkpoints
- Define Project Artifacts: Status Reports, Project Plans, Project Schedules around key PM processes
- Develop definition around key PM processes: Schedule Management, Budget Management, Risk Mitigation, Issue Management, Escalation
- Establish measurement around process related to adherence, exception management, and tracking/trend improvements
- Communicate processes effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Define intake and approval process for exception management
- Lead & Facilitate Project Management and Implementation Innovation Focus Areas to include:
- Increasing Schedule Adherence
- Improving out the gate application performance
- Reducing time/cost to revenue
Establish and Foster Predictability of Schedules and associated revenue
- Facilitate high hit rate of being within 30 days of Plan of Record Schedule
- Active participation and success in revenue attainment related to new logo and add-on business delivery
- Mitigate risks associated with client dependencies, resource constraints, internal platform, Tech Ops, and 3rd party vendors
Lead and Develop a Team of experienced PM’s
- Effectively communicate expectations of team members related to achievement of World Class Project Management Organization
- Establish and measure team against core project management competencies
- Establish training and employee development processes for team related to achieving high performance against core project management competencies
- Maintain a team culture of collaboration, learning, and innovation
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4 year degree in Business or related field
- 5+ years of leadership and staff management experience
- 10+ years experience in project management including management of external customer implementations
- Implementation experience with IVR Application, CTI, Contact Center, and Customer Care Applications.
- IVR/Speech Recognition/Voice applications experience are key success factors
- Travel up to 20%
- Experience in back-office, CTI, and telephony infrastructure and deployment common practices are a strong plus.