Director of Program Management, Gaming
The Director of Program Management is a critical focal point to our internal stakeholders, managing all aspects of a cross-functional project at DraftKings, and owning timing, dependencies, and transparency at the project level. This includes managing programs that help employees execute, delivering implementations that allow our systems to scale at DK's growth, and partnering with experts and peers.
- Collect all relevant information about a project and then appropriately disseminate what each team member needs to know
- Contribute to the prioritization and sequencing of work across departments; understand cross-department dependencies and remove blockers
- Anticipate risks to quality or timing at the project level, and communicate proactively to surface risks to the appropriate team members
- Interact frequently with team, management and customer to define project requirements and identify solutions consistent with defined terms, policy, and regulations.
- Track and monitor all deliverables; set performance goals for support team or work unit.
- Monitor team and/or personnel performance, checking actual performance against planned performance, to ensure that goals around timing and quality of delivery are met or exceeded.
- Collect inputs and prepare status reports as required. Explain any deviations from planned schedule, scope, or resourcing of work. In addition, support quarterly management reviews.
- Proactively resolve disagreements between teams or individuals, to arrive at the best outcome for the business
- Juggle the many balls that are needed to deliver a large cross-functional project, without dropping any!
- 5+ years of Program Management experience in a related industry
- Bachelor's degree
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web and native app technologies
- Experience with business applications such as Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Comfort managing up and communicating effectively with C-Level executives
- Experience acting as a central point of contact on large cross-functional projects