Director, Product Delivery & Program Management at Humana Studio_h
Come help us redefine the future of Healthcare. With a history of transformation over the last 50+ years, Humana is once again transforming itself using a startup approach.
At ‘Humana – Edge’ we are on a mission to improve health outcomes for our seniors, helping them lead even more fulfilling lives. The Product & Experience team drives the product vision for our web, mobile and conversational AI digital presence with a strong focus on user experience, and strives to create clear, beautiful, inclusive web experiences empowering our customers.
Against that backdrop, we are looking for an experienced process-oriented leader for the newly-created role of Director, Product Delivery & Program Management. In this role, you will develop and evolve the Product Delivery methodology for the Edge by scaling our Agile processes and practices with a focus on delivery excellence. In addition, you will work in concert with business owners, product managers, designers and external stakeholders to build a consistent organization-wide roadmap and establish processes for maintaining and executing the roadmap.
This position is full-time and based out of our office in Boston, MA. Relocation will be required. On a temporary basis, we will also consider candidates currently in Louisville, KY, with the expectation that they will relocate to Boston, where regular interaction with Edge leadership will maximize their opportunity for success.
- Build strong relationships with other leaders in the organization and continuously expand their own knowledge of our business.
- Collaborate with Key Stakeholders to ensure project outcomes meet or exceed expectations in terms of scope, timeliness and quality.
- Ensure staff has resources, skill sets and tools necessary to accomplish team goals by continuously identifying process improvements and educational and training opportunities.
- Mentor the team on how to effectively push back on stakeholders when requirements of a project put us at risk of not delivering quality work, minimizing disruption and fallout by adapting their approach to the situation and personalities involved.
- Define and implement program governance to ensure consistent methodology while enabling and supporting rapidly changing requirements.
- Establish the specific policies and procedures to build, refine and publish a multi quarter roadmap.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products in their alignment to business strategy as documented on a multi quarter roadmap.
- Establish effective organizational structure for gathering user stories, grooming backlog, managing velocity, and ensuring quality of requirements from the team to the portfolio level.
- Plan and facilitate all aspects of Program Increment planning on a quarterly basis.
- Engage directly with stakeholders to define mission value and prioritize work and build intellectual capital in Agile techniques.
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and lines of business stakeholders.
- Enable cross-team collaboration, and oversee risk and dependency management for the product roadmap.
- Schedule and road map in an integrated way across the Edge organization and coordinate our collective roadmap -- coordinate, align resources, and strategically support roadmap planning, and communicating changes in status and roadmap progress.
- Providing comprehensive Program status updates to leadership, key stakeholders, and to the team including progress and health updates related to scope, schedule, budget, risk, and issues.
Key Candidate Qualifications
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree (required) in business, engineering, or other relevant field, and have extensive project, program, or process management leadership experience. This will include demonstrated success in defining and launching program management processes for complex technical solutions, along with meaningful experience establishing a shared product, solution or service vision on an enterprise scale. This person will also have a proven track record of creating processes to deliver the full collection of requirements for new product and solution delivery. In addition, s/he will have a quantifiable record of utilizing value-based funding to guide product investment decisions and the associated KPI development for evaluating success measures.
In addition to the above, the following technical qualifications and personal attributes are sought:
- Demonstrated expertise in large-scale Program/Project management, process design and improvement while using Agile principles and methods.
- Experience implementing Agile/Scrum to new and existing teams.
- Advanced experience producing metrics, measurements and trend reports, for purposes of monitoring program performance and progress.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and proven ability to work collaboratively through various departments and functional areas, promoting a culture of proactive teamwork.
- Experience leading in a highly matrixed environment with an ability to achieve results through the effective use of negotiating, influencing, and change management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the polish, poise, and executive presence that will ensure effective interaction with senior and executive level audiences
- The ability to clearly explain complex ideas and technologies to non-technical audiences
- Masters or other advanced Degree
- Six Sigma and/or PMP certification
- SAFe or alternate Agile certification
- Experience launching healthcare products and platforms