Compliance Project Manager at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Compliance Project Manager is the glue that brings cross-functional teams together to develop, launch, and maintain our products’ compliance. By collaborating and influencing design engineering, graphic design, manufacturing, materials, and product management teams they coordinate compliance projects from risk assessments to certified products.
You will be responsible for driving global market compliance projects and implementing compliance strategies leveraging strong partnerships across internal and external teams. This includes participating in the design, planning, and execution of compliance testing to unlock sales in new markets. If you want exposure to design engineers through senior leadership across hardware, software, product management, sustaining engineering, manufacturing, and materials functions join our team today as a Compliance Project Manager.
- Responsible for managing the planning and execution of product compliance projects to ensure Formlabs products meet or exceed global market regulatory requirements
- Act as a facilitator and team lead to manage multi-disciplinary teams to define deliverables and ensure they arrive on time to the right stakeholders in support of compliance certifications, renewals, and audits for both new and existing products
- Work cross-functionally with various Formlabs teams to define market requirements, monitor and communicate project status, and develop/maintain all applicable project documentation to ensure successful launches in new geographies
- Execute projects using established project management principles and delegate/track projects
- Coordinate with external testing labs and consulting firms to facilitate proactive planning, smooth communication, and issue resolution related to product compliance initiatives
- Help evolve our compliance processes for more efficient and effective global market access projects
- 1+ year(s) of experience in an engineering environment, with some project or program management responsibilities
- Working knowledge of product safety standards and compliance (general legal, wireless, EMC, RoHS, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and managing projects including task delegation, schedule tracking and meeting facilitation
- Ability to work cross-functionally between product, engineering, production, and supply chain personnel. Comfort communicating status and risks to senior management.
- Capable of driving and representing Formlabs interests on multiple compliance projects simultaneously in collaboration with global partners, third party tests labs and agencies.
- Highly collaborative and results driven. Constantly striving to reduce waste, accelerate delivery and boost quality. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, energetic and self-directed. Not afraid to speak up or pivot to a new direction when needed. Natural problem solver
- Excellent organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks/experience with project management tools (PLM, Jira, etc.)
- Nice to have: Hands on hardware benchtop fabrication/mechanical design experience; Technical writing and exposure to Asian markets
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.