Associate Product Manager - Category Verticals
Are you passionate about the digital shopper’s experience? Do you obsess over details and use data to validate your decisions? Do you have a love of learning and an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this may be the role for you.
Chewy is looking for an Associate Product Manager – Category Verticals to join our Search & Discovery Product Team. This role is a hands-on product management role, as a part of a fast paced cross-functional team. You will be responsible for gathering detailed business requirements from executive level stakeholders, owning prioritization of feature improvements, leading projects through design and technical implementation, and measuring their customer impact on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated customer advocate, skilled communicator, and well-versed in leading cross-functional agile teams to deliver results. You have a passion for learning and can balance business strategy with tactical execution.
What you'll do:
- Own the development and execution of the product category verticals roadmap to deliver a best-in-class shopping experience across 1000+ brands and 500+ categories.
- Bring a metrics-driven approach to simplify complex and important problems.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative analysis to prioritize creative enhancements that solve customer needs at scale.
- Build features and systems as part of a cross-functional development process with product managers, engineers, product designers, business stakeholders, and end users to define and document product requirements and use cases.
- Lead project planning and execution through all phases, including concept development, user testing, technical implementation, and measurement/optimization.
- Collaborate effectively with a wide array of business functions, including Product Design, Engineering, Merchandising, Marketing and Web Analytics.
What you'll need:
- 1+ years of product management experience, preferably in e-commerce or B2C setting.
- Great communicator who can break down complex ideas into simple narratives and detailed product requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability turning data into actionable insights.
- Understanding of business strategy with ability to juggle multiple projects with varying degrees of priority.
- Sound judgment when faced with trade-off decisions.
- Track record of writing clear and concise product requirements, status updates, and product results.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable operating in a highly ambiguous environment with little direction, while focusing on high-impact work.
- Position may require travel.