Accessibility Experience Program Manager at Chewy
Chewy is looking for an Accessibility Experience Program Manager to join our User Experience Research team based on Boston, MA. The UXR team strives to make our site experience universally accessible and useful to everyone, including users with disabilities. We want all pet parents to have the same experience providing a stellar experience for their pets and service animals. As an Accessibility Experience Program Manager, you'll ensure that Chewy’s products and services are tested for compliance with applicable accessibility standards and legislation as well as create efficient, delightful and productive experiences for everyone, including users with disabilities.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a point person for accessibility
- Provide resources and/or direct individuals to the proper subject experts:
- WCAG guidelines
- Legal compliance (deferring to legal team)
- Accessibility best practices
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure that digital accessibility requirements and best practices are clearly communicated and consistently applied throughout the business
- Ability to identify and prioritize accessibility-specific technical issues and concerns
- Effectively communicate problems, priorities, and context to the correct business owners
- Create framework & process for identifying, assigning severity levels, and assigning remediation around accessibility
- Monitor & serve as a liaison for accessibility practices across Chewy outside of Team CX, offering advice and resources for improvement
- Be responsible for compiling and distributing a company report outlining the state of accessibility for Chewy
- Be the voice of users with special needs or disabilities in the product area and beyond. Document and create accessibility road-maps and work with the right stakeholders
- Monitor the accessibility testing statuses and accessibility assessments
- Provide in-house support and training on accessibility and outlining necessary third-party training
- Ensure new features receive accessibility evaluations
- Ensure we are representing populations of those with disabilities in our user research as well as the programs and services they use
What You'll Need:
- Experience in accessibility testing program management and/or accessibility certification (e.g. IAAP).
- Experience with testing assistive technology, i.e. screen readers, magnification software, switch control devices.
- Deep knowledge of accessibility standards, i.e. WCAG, ARIA and Section 508.
- Experience communicating and explaining accessibility concepts to cross-functional teams (i.e. engineering, product management, and testing).
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Experience troubleshooting and solving technical problems
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]