At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. As a globally distributed team of travel and hospitality enthusiasts and experts, we believe that every interaction before, during and after booking travel with Hopper should earn our travellers' trust and loyalty.
As a Travel Experience Agent, you have a passion for the travel industry, enjoy building connections with people and are a natural problem-solver. Hopper's goal is to become the most customer-centric travel company in the industry, and a big part of that is providing the absolute best service to our customers. We are looking for people who love helping others, are persistent, empathetic, kind and curious.
In this role, you will:
- Help customers via chat or email to ensure they have the best possible experience (most teammates tend to speak to 40+ customers every day). No scripts, human conversation only.
- Work out of multiple global distribution systems (GDSs) and a variety of internal tools and systems to quote, exchange and refund airline tickets
- Help users navigate the Hopper app, troubleshoot bugs and provide guidance on new features
- Constantly prioritize and re-prioritize a high volume of incoming travel requests for air and hotel bookings
- Provide an exceptional level of customer support to all users who reach out
- Experiment: we are an adventuresome bunch so expect that anything and everything can change!
Requirements for the role:
- Live and have legal authorization to work anywhere in Canada
- A minimum of 2 years in a user-facing or back of house airline industry role with material experience using global distribution systems -- either Sabre, Apollo or Amadeus
- Exceptional written communication skills in English (live chat experience a bonus); proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is a strong asset
- Excellent computer skills, a willingness and an eagerness to excel at technical systems
- Possess high level of understanding, patience and empathy. Able to navigate difficult customer conversations with professionalism
- Have previous remote work experience and appropriate remote work set-up - such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location
- Be prepared to work full-time hours on a schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)