Strategy and Operations Manager at Immersive Labs
We're an optimistic, motivated and friendly bunch on the lookout for like-minded people.
We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
We’re all about agility, and always look for flexible, innovative responses to change
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 250 employees and announced funding of more than $120 million. Our technology is already helping enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Airbnb and Goldman Sachs, to power up their cyber workforces.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
We’re growing our Strategy and Business Ops function and are looking for a driven and collaborative Strategy & Operations Manager to support Immersive Labs through our next stage of hyper-growth.
In this high impact, high visibility role, you will work with senior management on our most critical decisions, and support teams across Operations, Product, Sales and Marketing to ensure that in all we do, we stay focused on our vision and execute with speed, agility and efficiency.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy & Business Operations, your responsibilities will be primarily project-based. We’re scaling fast, so these could evolve in future, but are likely to include:
- Managing the annual strategy planning cycle - developing process and materials, supporting senior leadership, coaching teams, tracking delivery, and taking action to flag and address issues and opportunities.
- Managing a portfolio of key projects, from scoping and structuring to execution.
- Generating insights via quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Identifying and delivering operational improvements to support our rapid scaling.
- Creating written materials, including for Board and external presentation.
- Supporting any corporate development activity and post-merger integration.
- Coaching colleagues to develop their skills in your areas of expertise.
Success in this role will depend most on your approach, underlying skills and potential for growth, even if some of the above would be new to you. You should apply if you:
- Have a can-do attitude, learn fast and thrive on getting things done.
- Solve complex problems with a structured and persistent approach.
- Are a trusted team member: collaborative, reliable, open, and a good listener.
- Can positively influence others, both as a project lead and in a supporting role.
- Are highly numerate, and proficient using analytical/BI tools (Excel required; SQL, Python, Looker or similar a plus).
- Build strong relationships and communicate well with both internal and external partners - experience working with international and remote teams is a plus.
- Are highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Can evidence your enthusiasm for emerging technology. Cyber security knowledge is great, but not required - we have the perfect platform for you to equip yourself!
Strategy is better when it incorporates a wide range of perspectives. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity in every sense – if you're unsure, or have built your skills through a different career path, please do apply.
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values, here’s how they relate to this role:
Inclusive – Support one another and celebrate each others’ successes
Driven – Take ownership and pride in our work; be accountable for our work and for the work of the wider Immersive Labs team
Agile – We analyse our environment and consider different approaches
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Look after you and your family with Health, Dental and Disability insurance; fully paid sick leave and mental health support.
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when and where is best for you, including 33 days off (including Holidays), 12 weeks enhanced parental leave, volunteering days, birthday half day.
- Save for the future with contribution matched 401K, and rewards and recognition for your successes.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours.
- While most of the team are fully remote, when you do visit, our North American HQ is based in the centre of Boston, just a 10 minute walk from Back Bay train station.
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from dance lessons and cake competitions, to movie nights and escape rooms.
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Help change the face of cybersecurity, apply now!