We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
The Sr. Manager, Strategic Initiatives will drive the strategy behind the scale, adoption and market penetration for key initiatives underpinning the growth of the entire Grubhub ecosystem. The primary focus for this role will be on managing the strategic vision and execution required to grow our Grubhub Direct business, Grubhub's suite of branded web ordering and mobile products for restaurants. The Manager role will combine deep product and industry knowledge with strong analytical skills to identify trends and opportunities to drive optimizations across the Grubhub Direct products, pricing and processes in order to define and meet company goals. This role will work across Product, Sales, Success, Fulfillment, Marketing and Engineering to ensure our business has a clear sales, onboarding and activation strategy to clearly establish goals, milestones and any potential blockers.
- Own strategic initiatives pertaining to Grubhub Direct product launches and build and maintain cross functional relationships to ensure successful execution.
- Work cross-functionally with Finance and Data teams to distill corporate strategy to model goals and define success metrics for initiatives and features
- Support a go to market strategy with Marketing focusing on sales (incentives, generating qualified leads, pipeline strategy), operations (onboarding) and reporting.
- Monitor health and performance across all Grubhub Direct partners to identify trends and use those insights to inform optimization needs across product, processes, and pricing
- Actively seek out and identify pain points and product needs and find creative solutions with a sense of urgency
- Work with Sales and Success teams to integrate Grubhub Direct into pricing packages and other key initiatives across all Grubhub Marketplace offerings
- Develop strategy to activate on insights that clearly outlines milestones and dependencies across all teams to ensure strategy can meet business opportunity and goals
- Drive prospect strategy for Grubhub Direct and Delivery as a Services ; use data to identify sales/expansion opportunities
- Define processes and considerations to help drive internal operational efficiencies and growth
- Identifying and collaborating with key stakeholders to strategize around content required to drive adoption and support Sales and Success teams in the form of both client facing and internal tools / training
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure standardization, consistency and utilization of the most current tools, methods and processes.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 6-8 years professional experience; 2-3 years of management experience.
- Deep knowledge of restaurant operations and technology
- Strong analytical skills to make and support business decisions
- Excellent communication skills. Good listener, capable of understanding client or internal issues and translating them into an effective and actionable solutions
- Proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Comfortable working in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment
- Requires technical competence and an aptitude for learning new systems
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]