Site Planning Manager at Soofa
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are looking for a Permitting & Installation Manager to bring more Soofa Signs into more cities and neighborhoods across the US. You will be responsible for managing the permitting process required to install new Signs, from understanding city code to physically walking the sites where our Signs will be installed and selecting the perfect locations that meet all city/town and state and Soofa requirements. In this role, you’ll report directly to the VP of Operations and work closely with the VP of City Growth to ensure successful Soofa Sign installations, all the way from strategic planning to physical deployment.
You will work with forward-thinking city leaders and innovative real estate developers to help urban communities flourish. Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Take master-planned concepts for Soofa Sign deployments and bring them to life by managing the process from strategic planning to physical Sign installation with cities, towns, and real estate development partners
- Work directly with the VP of City Growth to translate a conceptual master plan for Signs on public and/or private land into construction-ready installation plans
- Report to the VP of Operations to develop and manage the project plan for Sign installation
- Work with contractors to produce site plans
- Manage location surveys and site testing to ensure locations meet all civic and technical requirements
- Review state, city, and town code to ensure Soofa Signs are in compliance or receive the necessary exemptions to be installed in the perfect locations
- Communicate directly with city and town staff as well as real estate developers to ensure final Sign placement and installation meets all local guidelines
- Develop internal “playbooks” to streamline the process to take Signs from masterplan to deployment faster.
- 3 years experience with urban planning and/or zoning and permitting
- Proven ability to project manage and deliver complex, multi-stakeholder projects from start to finish
- Experience with project management software tools and getting your team to use them successfully (Asana is our preference)
- A nuanced understanding of what it’s like to work with large and small municipalities and mixed-use real estate developers
- Patience—you are motivated by holistic, long-term growth, not instant gratification. You are comfortable with complex permitting processes and lengthy local and state zoning code reviews
- Ability to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations or conversations—super resilient!
- A supremely organized human who excels at gently guiding others to become more organized themselves
- Very detail orientated–you love digging into long contracts and lengthy documents and reading them front to back and back to front
- A lover of transparent communication–cc is your best friend
- Strong ability to create close relationships
Bonus Points For
- Experience in OOH/DOOH
- Urban planning background
- Prior employment in mixed-use real estate firm, city, or town
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Team lunches every Friday
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.