To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs offers an autonomous environment with massive opportunities for growth. Our Materials team is trusted with some of our highest impact projects and initiatives.
We’re a collaborative, diverse team that are experimenting and discovering new things every day. If you are a highly curious formulation expert looking to shape a rapidly growing industry, we want you as a Senior Materials Scientist.
- Conduct research and develop world-class materials for 3D printing from initial lab explorations to validation and commercialization
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineers to ensure new and existing materials print on our hardware seamlessly and reliably
- Design and perform experiments, and use the results to inform and develop materials performance improvements
- Partner with product management and engineering to continuously improve our materials
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in polymer development: resins, coatings, adhesives, elastomers, films, foams, rubbers, composites, thermoplastics, or thermosets
- Solid understanding in polymer physics and polymer chemistry; expertise in formulating a wide range of high-performance materials: acrylate, urethane, epoxy, silicone, rubbers, or plastics
- Experience in process optimization, research reporting, and commercial support; proven track record in commercializing new products
- A creative and resourceful problem-solver, balancing speed and scientific rigor in a dynamic environment
- Enjoy fostering communication and collaboration, mentoring junior scientists and creating best practices for the team
- BS, MS or PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Material Science or related field
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.