Senior Executive Assistant - Business Group Support at MassMutual
MassMutual Institutional Investments is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Business Assistant with advanced administrative skills to support a fast based and growing client facing business unit.
This position will report to the Head of Institutional Investments providing executive support to the business unit leadership along with overall business, project and client support.
This exciting role reflects the significant growth of the Institutional Investments business and it will provide a great opportunity to grow alongside the Investments team.
In this multi-faceted role, the Senior Business Assistant will take initiative and operate in an autonomous proactive way; utilizing a strong, proactive, multi-tasking approach to anticipate and fulfill both executive and business support needs. The assistant will be an active and critical member on the team, involved in coordinating, planning, reporting and communicating as well as helping with all client facing activities.
- Calendar management for Head of Institutional Investments and assigned business leaders: accept/decline, establish intimate knowledge of meeting requests in order to prioritize and make decisions on behalf of leaders, and proactively resolves calendar conflicts
- Manage and coordinate department travel, conference and event attendance registrations, hotel, transport as needed
- Prepares and submits timely and accurate invoices/expenses for leadership team; reconciles and manages department purchase card; Trains quickly for business expenses compliance requirements under FINRA
- Schedule meetings, conferences and events; interface with executive assistants to coordinate schedules, reserve appropriate conference rooms, catering orders, prepare room and required materials for meetings’ needs.
- Prepare high quality meeting and offsite agendas, prepare for staff and strategy meetings and take minutes at meetings to circulate action items for follow-up
- Composes and maintain reports and documents with little input required
- Order supplies and company items needed by co-located and remote employees
- Proactively identify facility/equipment/system issues; Submits service requests for equipment/system issues; Submits MAC requests as needed
- On-Board new members of the team to MassMutual
- Participate in ad hoc projects and unanticipated business needs
- Create powerpoint presentations, spreadsheets, and templates with limited assistance
- Build and maintain systems and processes as needed to address business needs
Client and Business Support:
- Finalize high-level client and internal presentation materials; review/edit/format semi-final draft materials (e.g. communications, letters, PowerPoint slides, Excel exhibits) to produce a polished final product.
- Planning for 4 Off sites a Year and at least 2 client entertainment events
- Planning and Coordination of Annual Credit Due Diligence held with senior executives at MassMutual
- Clean up of client lists in CRM systems
- Proactive management of gifts/cards/mailings to client base
- Provides program/project-related support as needed
- Support in marketing campaign rollouts
- Client meeting prep – base level research on firm, finalizing materials and creating powerpoints
- Coordinate conference calls and business trips working with executives of client firms
- Proactively identify communication needs across the business
- Performs routine administrative support proactively with high level of efficiency and accuracy
- Demonstrates openness to stepping up as urgent situations or ad-hoc needs arise and follow through
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy – proactive mind-set
- High level of organizational skills with demonstrated efficiency
- Quick, with ability to prioritize especially under pressure
- Strong ability to work autonomously but in a collaborative environment
- Ability to make discretionary decisions within reason
- Proficient working knowledge of both Ariba and Concur system applications
- High level of comfort with advanced versions of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Lean Management (Huddle Boards, Operational Metrics, etc.)
- Experience working in the Financial Services Industry in a client facing business unit with Sales and Client Management targets
- Great front line polished manner; good at relationship building
- Ability to leverage technology - PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Concur, Ariba, Box.com
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 5-10 years relevant experience preferred