Senior Associate, International Business Operations at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Are you looking to join the international team at a dynamic and fast-paced technology company? The Senior Associate, International Business Operations will work cross-functionally to implement critical business initiatives. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside leadership teams in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Finance, and Product. You’ll not only be helping to guide the strategy, but you’ll also be gaining operational experience in leading projects through to completion. A successful candidate will have strong analytical and presentation skills and an ability to work cross-functionally to implement change.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously monitors business fundamentals. Proactively discovers problems before they occur and identifies opportunities that move the business forward
- Extracts key insights from analyses and presents findings in a compelling way to inform critical business decisions
- Works directly with functional leaders to help guide the strategic direction of our international business
- Manages a variety of high-visibility, strategic projects across international markets. An ability to influence teams who are not direct reports is critical to success
- Compiles regular reporting deliverables and memos for senior leadership
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years of relevant experience, ideally working in corporate strategy or management consulting
- Excellent critical thinking skills and a love of data and analysis
- Outstanding PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to influence cross-functionally to drive change
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven track-record of working independently and thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Relentless passion for getting things done
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS a plus
- SalesForce and BI (Looker) experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.