Security Consultant - Product Consulting at Rapid7
Reporting directly to the Manager of Security Consulting at Rapid7, the Security Consultant will deploy Rapid7 solutions in complex customer environments. You should possess a passion for customer success, security technology and innovation.
The Security Consultant will enable Rapid7 customers to manage their Vulnerability Management program leveraging Rapid7's product suite.
- Construct creative, solution-based approaches to architecture design, implementation and production roll-out
- Perform high-quality product enablement training for new and existing customers
- Communicate design and implementation details in a highly effective manner to customer end users
- Advise on security best practices as they relate to Rapid7 technologies
- Automate and customize solutions to enable customers to use Rapid7 products most efficiently via API scripting, and custom dash boarding development
- Participate within Rapid7 Community and Security Industry as an advocate and advisor
- Build and maintain meaningful customer relationships in the pursuit of driving impeccable customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Information Systems, Development, Information System Technologies, Management Information Systems) or equivalent experience
- 2 years implementation and automation; preferred programming/scripting languages Ruby, Python and Perl
Technical/ Security Skills:
- Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- SQL/ database query experience
- Vulnerability Management tool experience (Nexpose, Nessus, CORE, Qualys, Tenable etc.)
- Network security technologies; firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, content filtering, VPN, DLP, anti-malware, etc.
- Deep understanding of Security best practices
- Fundamental knowledge of industry regulations such as (ISO) 27001, HIPAA, PCI, DSS