To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is building the future of desktop fabrication. As part of the Machine Shop Team you will work collaboratively with every arm of our R&D engineering department. You will be working in our brand new 2600 sq ft R&D Machine Shop.You will be fabricating some of the first parts for our next generation of 3D printers. You will be responsible for machining and reworking parts, and providing necessary feedback during the development of our current and future products.
If you are passionate about machining, sharing knowledge, working with a small team, want to continue to sharpen your skills, and enjoy working in the early stages of product development, we want you to join us as a R&D Machinist in the Formlabs Machine Shop.
- Produce parts using manual milling, turning, and surface finishing techniques. Program, set up and operate CNC machining equipment for 2-axis, 3-axis and occasional 4-axis work.
- Work closely with the Machine Shop Coordinator to maintain equipment required to perform the job.
- Work closely with the Machine Shop Coordinator to maintain appropriate stock of machine tooling, cutting tools, drills, etc.
- Execute metrology tasks and help maintain metrology equipment.
- Assemble and/or disassemble complex mechanical assemblies.
- Work with Engineering teams when machining parts and provide corrective feedback as appropriate.
- Inspire team members to adhere to a high standard of machining practices.
- Train team members on machining and fabrication practices.
- Experienced machinist familiar with all aspects of the machining process to produce an array of prototype parts
- Passionate machinist that loves to work with others.
- Are a meticulously organized, autonomous, and focused independent person
- Clear communicator who can work across many teams and share feedback in a positive manner
- A born problem-solver who loves to work on puzzles
- Able to balance a wide variety of projects on tight deadlines
- Can read, interpret, make and measure parts according to engineering drawings utilizing GD&T.
- Able to read, write and interpret G-code
- Familiar with CAD/CAM software, especially Fusion 360 and Solidworks
- Familiar with a CMM and other metrology tools and equipment
- Familiarity with a broad range of manufacturing processes
- Experience with hardware development
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.