Quality Manager at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs’ desktop 3D printers have seen great success in the market, unlocking precision SLA technology at a competitive price. As our product line evolves to new form factors and industry segments, we are in need of leaders dedicated to quality assurance.
The Quality Manager will play in both strategic and execution leadership, helping to expand our product quality organization overseas and drive standard processes for supplier selection, measurement and qualification. The role serves as a key liaison between US-based engineering teams and Asia-Pacific execution leads, partnering with design, sustaining and supply chain engineers to refine Formlabs’ quality management system and drive adoption world-wide. Influencing cross-functional teams across product development, sourcing, test and program management the Quality Manager is accountable for supplier quality throughout the supply chain. If process improvement and capability enablement motivates you, join us as our Quality Manager!
- Lead cost-driven quality improvement initiatives to drive down non conformance, implement preventative measures and boost revenue generation as a result of improved product integrity
- Develop and utilize key process indicators to drive continuous quality improvement through Formlabs design teams and supply chain partners
- Leverage a systematic and strategic approach to strengthen supplier selection, contracting, auditing and process improvement activities in partnership with sourcing teams
- Manage sub-tier manufacturing performance for critical to quality components
- Champion a culture of root cause and corrective action. Establish and maintain a corrective and preventive action (CAPA) system and deploy it across the Formlabs supply base
- Take a leadership role in developing a world-wide quality organization focused on preventative measures while able to address issues quickly and effectively
- Support operational improvement projects to enhance supply chain efficiency and capacity and enable future product development
- 5+ years of experience in a quality engineering environment, with exposure to overseas supplier management a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence across geographically and technically diverse teams. Prior management experience is a plus, but not required.
- Experience building and deploying a quality management system
- Able to leverage structured problem solving methodologies to root cause and resolve quality issues. Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma certification or equivalent highly desired.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across global customer service, engineering, production, and supply chain teams.
- Highly collaborative and results driven. Constantly striving to improve performance, reduce waste, and accelerate production.
- Strong interpersonal skills, energetic and self-directed. Not afraid to speak up or pivot to a new direction when needed. Natural problem solver.
- Excellent organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.