Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking for a Manager, Strategic Partnerships, to help us manage our external partnerships. This role sits on our Business Development team which is the internal consulting arm of our business that owns critical strategic objectives to ensure CarGurus continued success. We are looking for someone who can work cross functionally across the organization, is highly analytical and who has experience negotiating contracts and agreements with third parties.
*This is not a sales role.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and lead various partnerships critical to CarGurus strategic objectives
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors, partners and third parties
- Work cross-functionally to launch, scale and optimize products and/or partnerships
- Conduct data driven analysis to support and promote valuable business decisions
- Set, track and analyze key performance indicators—presenting measurable insights and recommendations that drive towards the best possible outcome
- Evaluate new and complementary market opportunities to inform the buy, build, partner decision
- Build influential relationships with people and companies throughout the automotive and technology industries
- Solve (often) undefined or strategic challenges
- Contribute to achievement of dynamic business development team goals
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of professional experience, with at least 2 years experience within business development, corporate development, strategic partnerships, consulting, or similar field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Track-record of outstanding academic and professional achievement
- Strategic approach with a history of developing impactful ideas
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical skillset—able to translate quantitative and qualitative inputs into strategic direction
- Capable of effectively tracking and reporting on project goals, progress and results
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- High degree of professional and personal integrity
- Comfort working in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.