If you are a data driven leader looking to solve complex supply chain problems and drive innovation in e-commerce, come join us!
Chewy is looking for a Head of Routing and Delivery Optimization to join our Supply Chain Team based in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a senior biz-tech leader who will be the single threaded leader of the supply chain fulfilment routing and optimization. You will have end to end responsibility of the science and systems to create an industry leading routing function for Chewy. You are a highly motivated, goal-oriented, and analytical hands-on leader who thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will build, manage, and develop a high-performing team of Operations Research Scientists, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Product Managers.
A successful leader will own the routing decision process, define the ideal state and development roadmap, drive improvements in the last mile supply chain, improve customer delivery, own the routing decision process, reduce cost, improve delivery speeds, and more. You will lead the charge to improve fulfilment center labor allocation and identify improvements in last mile delivery. You will also drive production implementation of routing systems to ensure continuous scalability and high availability.
You must have strong communication and partnership skills as it requires working closely with cross-functional leaders in Research, Finance, Operations, and Transportation. In this role you will have a large impact on company financials and be responsible for working cross functionally throughout other teams planning cycles to provide data on customer delivery. You will be responsible for building a strategy and then designing and implementing solutions and technologies which will handle the growing business needs and play a key role in redefining what it means to be a world-class Science and Supply Chain organization.
What you'll do:
- Develop long term strategy for scaling the routing and delivery optimization systems.
- Lead the team in model and algorithm development by taking business requirements and complex problem statements, and clearly defining data science/statistical projects.
- Develop and operationalize machine learning and science-based tools/models iteratively to support growing business use cases and complexity.
- Develop and deliver on key performance indicators for financial impact, customer impact, labor impact, and more.
- Hire, develop, and lead a team of operations research scientists, data scientists, engineers, and product managers.
- Bring strong communication skills and clear articulation of the vision and implementation plans.
- Drive Operation and Technical Excellence delivering highly scalable plans and systems.
- Work with Supply Chain leadership to build a roadmap and clearly defined vision for the team.
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall Chewy objectives.
What you'll need:
- 10+ years in routing, optimization, machine learning, data science, and/or engineering positions in top CPG, retail, or e-commerce organizations.
- 5+ years’ experience managing people and leading a team of leaders.
- An advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., or equivalent experience) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven experience with bringing structured thinking in ambiguous problems spaces and delivering solutions.
- Experience with machine learning and advanced optimization methodologies.
- Experience leading, coaching, and developing a high performing team.
- Position may require travel.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]