Head of Promise Technology at Chewy
If you are passionate about building and industry leading supply chain and technology in the pet industry, come join us!
Chewy is looking for an Associate Director of Promise to join our Supply Chain Technology team in Seattle, WA or Boston, MA.
We are seeking an Engineering leader who excels at tactical implementation of Supply Chain or Fulfillment technology, can lead a team of high bar technical resources, and is passionate about solving complex problems for internal and external customers.
As a single threaded owner, you will have end to end ownership of Chewy’s Promise systems that calculate the delivery date that can be promised to our customers at the time of order. A successful leader would have great technical acumen, experience developing systems that scale and be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity. Strong communication skills are required as you will be working closely with multiple peers and stakeholders in influencing and establishing the roadmap for future evolution of our systems.
You will lead a diverse team of Engineers who are passionate about making Chewy the ecommerce platform for all pet parents. With high business growth every year, you will lead the team to scale and develop solutions that accelerate achieving business plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement the strategy and plan for scaling the Promise Management systems to support the business growth and vision.
- Develop and deliver on key performance indicators for on-time delivery and transportation costs.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional Engineering Talent.
- Build a world-class Promise platform that is powered by sound Data Science models
- Champion innovation to simplify current solutions and methodologies, while accelerating time to market.
- Raise the bar on Service Levels and Customer Experience
- Communicate strategy and status to senior leadership and partners/stakeholders across Chewy
What You'll Need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience on architecting fault tolerant, high scale distributed systems in retail or ecommerce industry.
- 4+ years of experience managing Engineering teams at scale
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams
- Fulfillment Experience
- Travel may be required
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience