Global Mobility Program Manager at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s People team is growing! As the Global Mobility Program Manager, you will lead the strategy, operations and communications for our global mobility and immigration programs. This role requires the proven ability to lead and influence, unparalleled attention to detail, and strong communication skills.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Build a scalable global mobility and immigration program that supports business needs and is accessible for all stakeholders. Ensure the policies and programs provide a great experience and that our employees and candidates feel supported and empowered in their mobility journey.
- Develop and manage Toast’s global assignment policy and practices. Educate stakeholders including Talent Acquisition, People Success Partners and business leaders on global mobility policies, guidelines and practices. Create processes that support fast and effective assignment evaluation and approvals.
- Provide oversight to Toast’s immigration policy and practices while consulting on complex cases. Collaborate with other team members to ensure immigration practices are managed compliantly and effectively. Educate and advise People team members, finance and business leaders on immigration policy, trends and government regulations.
- Establish domestic relocation guidelines and operational processes and manage outsourced service partner relationships to support Toast’s immigration, relocation and global assignment needs.
- Monitor service quality and case management by bringing service partner tools and support services to Toast stakeholders.
- Work with business leaders to structure assignments that best fit business needs, advising on assignment services, estimated cost, immigration and tax support. Bring best-practice and creative solutions. Initiate approved assignments, ensuring employees are engaged with support services. Monitor assignments and initiate repatriation services in a timely manner.
- Manage outsourced PEO service relationships. Work cross-functionally to structure PEO arrangements and facilitate the engagement of workers through the PEO.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and People Success to develop policies that meaningfully support internal mobility and career development (e.g., Relocation, International Rotations)
- Monitor global mobility, PEO and immigration cases and provide periodic reporting on totals, cost and other related metrics.
- Play a key role in preparation for new country expansions consulting on immigration and global mobility-related matters.
- Develop a training and communications that enable stakeholders to understand and engage with Toast’s global mobility programs effectively.
- Lead internal reviews and audits of immigration data, processes and policies to continuously improve the process as Toast grows and scales.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
The ideal candidate in this role will be customer-oriented with strong organization skills and the ability to balance program structure with the need for flexibility and change.
What we look for in you:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years supporting global mobility programs in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of global immigration laws and processes, including current trends and government policy, with previous experience developing policies and processes to help scale relocation, internal transfers and immigration/work authorization programs
- Experience adapting and evolving mobility operations and strategy through multiple phases of a company’s growth
- Ability to effectively manage outsourced service provider relationships
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
*Bread puns encouraged but not required