Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are seeking an Operations Manager to elevate Soofa to operational excellence, focused on processes and cost efficiency at scale. This is a dual fleet operations and supply chain management role for someone unique who loves tackling both hands-on and project management challenges. If you are equally excited by using Excel and building scalable processes as you are by jumping into the field and getting your hands dirty, this is the role for you.
Please note that althogh the majority of our team is working from home at the moment, this is NOT a remote role and we need someone who can jump into the field in Boston right away.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
The operations team is responsible for the manufacture, installation, and upkeep of the Soofa Sign fleet and the management of Soofa’s ad-delivery platform.
- Field: Define, implement, and run processes for reliable and cost-effective field operations
- Supply Chain: Manage and improve supply chain communication; establish and improve work instructions and QA/QC guidelines
- Margins: Analyze and negotiate potential for cost savings related to the operation of the Soofa Sign
- DevOps: Work closely with Engineering on the execution of ops-related tools to effectively monitor and operate our hardware and ad-delivery system
- Project and Processes Management: Manage team members, contractors, and suppliers to ensure reliable and on-time execution in the areas listed above; prepare monthly performance reports
- 3-5 years’ technical field operations and/or logistics experience
- 2+ years’ experience managing suppliers, contractors and contract manufacturers
- 1+ years’ experience managing a team
Bonus Points For
- Experience with hardware and/or IoT
- Startup experience
- As comfortable at a desk negotiating cost with a supplier as you are in the field fixing a Soofa Sign in the rain at 11 PM
- Love of best-practice structure; you know when to create new operational rules
- Operations and logistics expert with an internal drive to optimize processes; love of technology to drive efficiency
- Metrics-driven and comfortable analyzing data to develop insights and action plans
- Known for your ability to present and communicate effectively
- Positive, can-do attitude
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Stay connected with virtual team events at least 2x/week
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
P.S. If you think this opening looks a lot like our "Operations Manager" role, you're right! No need to apply for both.