Facilities Manager at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Workplace Delivery team is looking for someone who will oversee the daily facilities operations of our 70,000 SF, two-building campus to ensure the functional capability of the space. If you’re excited to manage the overall function of the facilities team and facility management, including managing subcontractors, managing requests from internal stakeholders, and conducting repairs and maintenance, we want you as our Facilities Manager.
This role will be required to be onsite & on-call for emergencies. This position functions as the site Safety Officer.
The Facilities Manager role will eventually expand to other US facilities.
- Manage facilities technicians and specialists
- Manage technical office build-outs as well as office expansions, working with internal stakeholders and third party vendors/contractors
- Implement new safety practices as needed, and champion a safe working culture.
- Implement and manage facilities audits including but not limited to safety, building services, etc.
- Provide general facility support and routine maintenance work including HVAC improvements, and office moves or equipment repairs
- Develop and document site-specific work procedures and processes to manage the grounds, maintenance, mechanical and other assigned areas
- Oversee third-party service providers who are responsible for ongoing, day-to-day management of the facility, such as waste management and janitorial services
- Perform/manage all preventive, predictive, corrective maintenance and troubleshooting activities associated with building infrastructure (plumbing, electrical, HVAC), including creating and managing a PM program.
- Track, manage and assign routine facility work requests including minor repairs, office setups, installing or setting up equipment, space resets, etc
- Ensures equipment service contracts are in place and managed for specified equipment and building infrastructure
- Monitor and maintain building functions, including lighting, HVAC, life safety, and all other building support functions, working closely with outside facilities engineers as necessary
- Works collaboratively with various other departments within formlabs (ie: compliance, WEX, TOPS, POPS etc)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience in similar function with 8+ years of facilities management experience
- Strong collaborator and team player, willing to jump into anything. Can operate under pressure, meet deadlines, and pivot quickly
- Effective supervisor with strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, documentation, project management and multitasking skills to work in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities.
- Must be able to read as-builts, drawings, equipment specifications, mechanical schematics and equipment schematics, electrical drawings etc
- Experience with tools and simple mechanical, plumbing and electrical work. Able to supervise trades as necessary.
- Experience with managing teams of 5 or more, budget responsibilities, supplier management, problem solving, and client/customer relations.
- Must have solid knowledge of building/mechanical, electrical systems (MEP), plumbing and HVAC
- Have the ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.