Director - SMB Biopharma US Strategy at Veeva
| Greater Boston Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:05 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The Director of Link for Small and Medium Biopharmaceuticals (SMB) US Strategy requires a deep working knowledge of the biotech and pharmaceutical industry with a deep understanding of commercial and medical roles and responsibilities in oncology or other specialty-related fields. You will be a member of a growing business unit at Veeva and will be responsible for the SMB market strategy for the Veeva Link suite in the US market including defining and shaping the market and understanding customer unmet needs.
This role works closely with the SMB Commercial Sales team to identify and execute key SMB commercial deals, demonstrate the Link suite, manage key client projects and relationships, and position an “all-in” Veeva solution for SMB customers. You will work with SMB Account Executives and customers to evaluate their needs and identify the Link solution that will deliver optimal value.
You will contribute to the Link commercial roadmap for continual innovation. Working with members of Link’s Strategy and Product teams, you will also be responsible for delivering customer success for key SMB Link projects and working with customers to identify a full solution for field-based CRM integration. The Director will work with the Link Global Marketing Leader and SMB Commercial leadership to create and maintain Link SMB training, customer-facing assets, internal assets, and marketing collateral, and externally facing messaging.
This is a remote position based in the US.
What You'll Do
- In partnership with the SMB Commercial team, define the US go-to-market strategy for future Veeva Link therapeutic areas, and oversee its execution.
- Serve as the market owner and go-to person aligned to account executives on the SMB Commercial Team responsible for the product, positioning, key messaging, and sales story
- Advise Link US Market Owners on market dynamics, competitive environment, and evolving customer needs.
- Support the SMB Commercial Sales Cycle including Internal and customer discovery meetings, as appropriate; Researching company’s pipeline and commercialized products to best position the appropriate Link product(s); Link pricing and Link specific contract language; Link presentations & demonstrations; RFP and RFI Responses; Solution Workshops and Proof of Concepts/Pilots; Marketing Event Support; Strong working knowledge of competitive KOL data tools
- Align with Link’s Project Management Team to properly transition new client projects and serve as a key member of the project from rollout to renewal.
- Build and maintain relationships with key IT, Operations, Medical & Sales leadership on the existing projects and new potential opportunities.
- Contribute to the creation of SMB Link assets, including SMB Commercial team training and new product updates; Internal assets (e.g. Sales Deck, Battlecard, Competitive Landscape, Datasheets); Marketing collateral and externally facing messaging; Socializing Link within your network including LinkedIn.
- Key Results for this role: SMB market strategy for Link; Key SMB deals and projects in partnership with the SMB Commercial Sales Team; Relationships to key customers.
- 10+ years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry with a focus on oncology and other specialty therapeutic areas
- Deep understanding of the drug approval process from early phase clinical trials to new product launches.
- Strong network across the SMB industry, particularly in Brand / Business Unit Leadership, Sales, Marketing, and Medical Affairs
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to collaborate and work in a highly dynamic team environment
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Link during the sales cycle with the SMB Commercial Sales Team
- Strong track record translating customer needs into product innovation and solutions
- Excellent critical thinking, analysis, and presentation skills
- Ability to conduct live client demos via video platform
- Ability to travel for customer meetings and internal events in the future
- Based in the San Francisco area, Philadelphia, NJ, NYC, or Boston
Nice to Have
- Previous field-based experience either as a pharmaceutical sales representative or Medical Science Liaison
- Experience within Oncology
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness programs
- Allocations for donations to causes that are important to you
- Veeva has a 100% remote work policy with the option of working from one of Veeva’s many corporate offices (including San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, Boston or Radnor, PA)
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]