If you are passionate about building industry leading fulfillment technology in the pet industry, come join us!
Chewy is looking for a Director of Pick Planning to join our Fulfillment Technology team in Boston, MA.
We are seeking an executive leader who excels from strategy to tactical implementation of Fulfillment technology, can lead a team high bar technical resources, and is passionate about solving complex problems for internal and external customers.
As a single threaded owner, you will have end to end ownership of Chewy’s pick planning systems that optimize the execution of customer orders in our Fulfillment Centers to achieve ‘best in show’ delivery experience. A successful leader would have great technical acumen, deep understanding of Fulfillment and optimization, experience developing systems that scale and be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity. Strong communication skills are required as you will be working closely with senior executives in influencing and establishing the roadmap for future evolution of our systems.
You will lead a diverse team of Research/Data Scientists, SDMs, TPMs, and Engineers who are passionate about making Chewy the ecommerce platform for all pet parents. With high business growth every year, you will lead the team to scale and develop solutions that accelerate achieving business plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement the long-term strategy and vision for scaling the Pick Planning systems to support the business growth and vision
- Develop and operationalize analytical and science-based tools/models iteratively to support growing business use cases and complexity
- Develop and deliver on key performance indicators for on-time-shipping and variable costs
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional Research, Data Science, and Engineering Talent
- Build a world-class Planning and Optimization platform that is powered by sound Data Science models
- Build out the Pick Optimization tool suite to proactively provide Fulfillment business stakeholders best practices and solutions
- Champion innovation to simplify current solutions and methodologies, while accelerating time to market
- Raise the bar on Service Levels and Customer Experience
- Be a thought leader and contribute to the product and technical vision for Fulfillment Technology at Chewy
- Communicate strategy and status to senior executives and partners/stakeholders across Chewy
- Bring industry leading insights to inform the future roadmap of Fulfillment systems
What You'll Need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 7+ years of experience on architecting fault tolerant, high scale distributed systems in retail or ecommerce industry
- 5+ years of experience managing Engineering teams at scale
- 3+ years of experience managing Research Science, Data Science/Machine Learning teams
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams
- Fulfillment Experience
- Travel may be required
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field with a minimum of 7 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience