Director of Fleet Operations at Soofa
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are seeking a Director of Operations to elevate Soofa to operational excellence, focused on processes and cost efficiency at scale.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
The operations team is responsible for the manufacture, installation, and upkeep of the Soofa Sign fleet and the management of Soofa’s ad-delivery platform.
- Field: Define, implement, and run processes for reliable and cost-effective field operations.
- Supply Chain: Manage and improve supply chain communication; establish and improve work instructions and QA and QC guidelines.
- Margins: Analyze and negotiate potential for cost savings related to the manufacturing and the operation of the Soofa Sign.
- DevOps: Work closely with Engineering on the execution of ops-related tools to effectively monitor and operate our hardware and ad-delivery system.
- Project and Processes Management: Manage team members, contractors and suppliers to ensure reliable and on-time execution in the areas listed above; prepare monthly performance reports.
- 5-7 years’ technical operations and/or logistics experience
- 2+ years’ experience managing suppliers, contractors and contract manufacturers
- 1+ years’ experience managing a team
Bonus Points For
- Electrical engineering/engineering background
- Basic coding skills
- Experience with hardware and/or IoT
- Startup experience
- Love of best-practice structure; you know when to create new operational rules
- Operations and logistics expert with an internal drive to optimize processes; love of technology to drive efficiency
- Metrics-driven and comfortable analyzing data to develop insights and action plans
- Known for your ability to present and communicate effectively
- Positive, can-do attitude
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Team lunches every Friday
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally