Director, Customer Service at Hopper
- SERVICE JOURNEY DESIGN AND PRODUCT INNOVATION:
- Design the service journey in long-form. See around the corner to create compelling customer service outcomes 12+ months down the line by taking into account Hopper’s growth, product roadmap and top-line customer service KPIs.
- Lead customer service product innovation. Uncover new areas of opportunity for self-serve automation and product development improvements using data, writing business cases and narratives to support your findings, executing operational opportunities quickly.
- Participate in product development. Product development starts long before engineering. Ask questions, provide data-backed feedback on ideas, business cases and non-technical documentation at each stage of the process for the teams to negotiate features and requirements that impact customer service at every step in the product development lifecycle.
- Grow revenue and lower costs. Generate revenue through providing services that customers value and solutions that are cost effective.
- CONTACT CENTER MANAGEMENT:
- Build a culture of performance management. Hold the support teams to high standards through the implementation of agent performance management using customer service SLAs as the north star.
- Maintain cultural alignment. We want autonomy between business units but not to operate separate cultures entirely. So the director of customer service must ensure that there is cultural alignment between the customer-facing teams and others inside the verticals and ultimately between the business unit and the organization at large.
- Facilitate speed and autonomy. Write and develop new standard operating procedures that can be used by the business unit and elsewhere inside the organization to further advance our product-development capabilities.
- Act as the coordination layer. Horizontally between verticals within the business unit to ensure that the groups are productive and working towards shared objectives. Also, with the leaders of other business units and especially with the support-led Platform business unit to ensure that company-wide technology outcomes, workforce management, learning, quality and operational best practices are being leveraged for the best possible outcomes for customers.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k