Thought Industries powers the business of learning with our industry-leading enterprise learning technology. We were founded in 2014 around the core belief that online learning experiences should be modern, intuitive, engaging, and scalable. Today, our growing team builds and maintains the only learning solution with completely native tools and integrations that drive higher engagement, learner proficiency, and retention rates for our customers.
As a key member of the Learning Strategies team, the Director of Customer Education will create and execute a customer education strategy that is best-in-class. Reporting into the VP of Learning Strategies, you will build and manage a team of program managers, instructional designers, trainers, and content developers. Together, you will create programs that are effective and engaging, and that showcase the power of the Thought Industries platform to both customers and prospects.
In this role, you will leverage cutting-edge research and establish industry-leading practices in your efforts to drive value for our customers. Because the Thought Industries platform serves customer education and training professionals, it is imperative that you’re confident in your ability to inspire and lead the way. Your work will also help us innovate our own product to better serve customer education teams like yours!
The ideal candidate is a proven, effective leader/manager who sets goals, brings out the best in others, and efficiently utilizes resources to achieve success. You should have a strong track-record in learning and customer experience and be comfortable engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Hire, coach, and manage a high-performing customer education team.
- Establish and oversee Thought Industries’ customer education programs, developing high-quality learning experiences leading to positive learning outcomes, customer product adoption, and retention. These include:
- Online Courses
- Instructor-Led Training
- Support Documentation
- In-Product Education
- Online Community
- Develop a customer-centric, data-driven model for personalized education.
- Establish and promote industry-leading best practices around customer education.
- Learn and become intimately familiar with the Thought Industries platform in order to empathize with customers and explore what’s possible.
- Work closely with internal teams to align priorities, collaborate on learning initiatives, and communicate results.
- Partner with the product team with requirements development, user case validation, and research that defines the future product roadmap.
- Minimum of 5-years of experience in Customer Education is required.
- Track-record in developing innovative strategies that produce exceptional results.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in leading teams and managing performance, preferably with remote teams. We have offices in Boston but many of our teammates are distributed across multiple states and countries.
- Experience creating education programs with a focus in online and blended learning
- Track record working with a customer success and product teams, and partnering on customer retention and product adoption.
- Strong understanding of data analytics and performance measurement.
- Proven ability to build collaborative, trusting cross-functional relationships across the organization.
- Passion for web-based and mobile technology and knowledge of industry structure, trends and influential companies
About our Company
Thought Industries is Boston-based software company founded in 2014. Our technology platform is helping learning companies build and deliver a wide range of market-leading digital learning products. We are a private equity-backed company with employees on the east and west coast of the U.S. and Ireland. We are a people-first organization with a flexible, fun, hard working environment.