Are you an innovative and experienced events leader with a passion for collaborating to create unparalleled experiences? Do you have a vision for how a holistic event strategy can propel brand awareness, win new customers, and create deep advocacy for product solutions as businesses leaders contemplate the next phase of work? And can you operate on strategic and roll-up your sleeves operational levels to maximize event ROI and deliver world-class execution through your team?
If you’re that person, we’d like you to lead our Global Events Strategy and Execution capability for our rapidly growing technology company.
The VP of Global Events will lead Workhuman Live – our immersive, premier “user” conference. Workhuman Live created and continues to drive a movement, inspiring working professionals everywhere to think about how they can deliver value for their organizations by helping employees feel more valued through recognition. And through other events (executive, regional, digital, industry, third party, internal and more) this person will ensure every experience brings humanity back into the workforce and creates a deep sense of connection and interest in our brand to drive profitable growth and advance our mission.
This position reports to the VP, Customer Marketing and partners with core stakeholders including: Brand Marketing; Customer Success, Sales, Product, and Finance teams.
Reporting to: VP, Customer Marketing
Location: Framingham, MA
What You will be Doing:
- Set annual strategy for event investment, selection, cadence, and presence to achieve our strategic growth goals and maximize ROI
- Articulate the role and goal of digital and in-person events
- Set and lead strategies for audience composition, content, communication, design, logistics and IT/technology
- At an event level - Lead all aspects of revenue and event pro forma planning - including decision criteria to do or not do an event, location and date selection, pricing and promotions strategy, sponsorship package development
- Partner with Executive team to align on goals, purpose, ROI, manifestation of key product and brand messages, and success metrics; Lead cross-functional team to achieve these success metrics
- Champion continuous evolution of key narratives, product demo/product engagement experiences, and main messages derived from workplace issues, persona trends, and customer feedback
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure events accomplish shared goals of building and accelerating pipeline, deal progress, existing customer share expansion, and advocacy
- Steward and maintain the vision for the Workhuman brand, ensuring brand consistency across all event platforms, ie., annual conference to regional tradeshows and third party events
- Lead post mortems to senior management
- Analyze agencies, vendors and overall market conditions to determine present and future procurement needs for events
- Partner with IT/MerTech teams to continuously identify the right mix of technologies, apps, and vendors necessary to create incredible event experiences regardless of delivery format
- Deep familiarity and comfort with the technical components of event production
- Fluent in the systems used to support logistics
- Strong vendor network
- · Lead, grow, and develop a talented team of internal, external, and IT event professionals
The Skills You Will Bring:
- Minimum 18+ years of experience in Event Strategy, Execution and Design with 10 years of people management responsibilities
- Diplomatic assertiveness
- Ability to travel up to 33% of time
Strategy, Planning and Execution
- Expert knowledge of events strategies (online, in-person and hybrid), tactics, best practices and emerging practices
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, high-leverage high-profile events involving senior management and experience personalization
People Organization and Development
- Ability to benchmark organizational structures and process to build world-class, “future-proof” event capabilities across people, process, and technology
- Operates with a “no surprises” commitment to business partners and stakeholders and is a role model for communication and collaboration
- Strong analytic skills with clear ability to link event plans to business results and company goals
- Agency management and multi-million-dollar budget management/revenue generation experience
Purpose and Passion
- Wide network of industry, agency, and vendor relationships to tap into as additional capabilities are needed
- A problem solver, able to deal with ambiguity and quick changes of direction as needed
- Event planning must be in your DNA
Who We Are:
At Workhuman, we love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work through our people and technology. Our human cloud-based applications are helping some of the world’s leading global brands connect culture to shared purpose. The Workhuman Cloud empowers employees to thank, talk and celebrate each other, creating an environment that sparks gratitude and human connection while increasing employee engagement and productivity.
Here you can be yourself, learn, and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments, and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace.
- Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
- We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
- Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests