Technical Marketing Manager, Solutions and Sales Plays
Greater Boston Area
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
The Position: Technical Marketing Manager, Solutions and Sales Plays
Do you have a passion for improving business and solving problems for enterprise organizations who are struggling to keep up with the business demands for applications in this software driven world?
We are looking for a creative, analytical, and collaborative solutions technologist to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate to join Mendix has a passion for solving customer problems, is not afraid of technology, and is a storyteller and a self-starter. We are seeking someone to foster relationships across teams and is excited to work in a dynamic and fun environment.
- Solution Creation – Work with product marketing, sales leaders, solution architects, expert services and channel partners to create integrated, global solutions and strategies that address specific and pervasive customer needs and fuel substantial growth
- Positioning – Create compelling messaging and content including value propositions, strategic messaging, specific points of view and leadership proof points to raise awareness, drive competitive advantage and articulate business results
- Content creation: Develop and maintain marketing assets including web copy, solutions briefs, sales and customer presentations, training, newsletters, FAQs, sales briefs and other marketing assets as required.
- Market intelligence: Conduct research on markets and industries within assigned solutions area and make actionable recommendations
- Subject matter expertise: Serve as subject matter expert for your solutions.
- Sales enablement: Deliver product and solutions playbooks and enable sales with assets, presentations and sales tools
- Competitive intelligence: Identify customer needs and buyers journey and be the expert on your competition and monitor trends related to your solutions in the market
- Marketing campaign strategy: Plan and execute on the strategy integrated marketing programs that drive demand for your solutions
- 8+ years of related experience
- Proven success leading a cross-functional team
- Technical background such as sales engineer, solution architect or technical marketing with experience crafting solutions for customers in cloud, application development, SaaS or other related software markets
- Experience working creating solutions throughout an entire product lifecycle
- Deep knowledge of enterprise IT markets (e.g. application development, mobile, cloud, PaaS) and sales process
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- BA/BS degree required
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.
Read Full Job Description