Senior Digital Media Buyer at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms, and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation, and vehicle history.
As the Senior Digital Media Buyer you will have hands on keyboard responsibility for media strategy, planning, buying and execution. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Director your focus will be on driving and executing effective and innovative media strategies across a robust mix of digital channels including, but not limited to, video, display, and social to drive awareness, engagement and response for CarGurus. A successful candidate will possess an outstanding analytical skillset, strong media management capabilities, and great communication qualities.
What You’ll Do:
- Hands on keyboard execution and optimization of proven digital media channels including video, social and display
- Partner with existing media agencies and data partners on integrated media planning, including linear TV and OTT
- Seek, evaluate and test media opportunities and serve as a thought-leader on new and innovative ways to reach and connect with our customer.
- Set goals and KPIs and devise strategies through which to achieve them while implementing measurement plans
- Interface directly with networks, affiliates and partners to develop new advertising programs and secure premium media
- Collaborate cross-functionally with performance marketing channel experts, and engineering teams to drive effectiveness
- Collect and analyze data to ensure delivery of higher engagement with audience across different platforms
- Monitor competitive activity to identify trends and opportunities and maintain industry best practices and emerging strategies that will keep the brand marketing up to date
- Communicate results, key insights and recommendations to key stakeholders and senior leadership
Who You Are:
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in media strategy, planning, buying and execution
- Experience within digital channels required. Experience with OTT, TV is a plus. Please note, this is not an SEM role
- Strong knowledge of traditional and digital media channels, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, techniques and technologies
- Experience buying and managing $5M - $10M+ digital budgets and digital media buys
- Experience with GMP, TradeDesk, Adwords etc.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal teams including performance marketing, data science and engineering
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.