Senior Brand Strategist at Dynatrace (Waltham, MA)
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With automatic and intelligent observability at scale, our all-in-one platform delivers precise answers about the performance and security of applications, the underlying infrastructure, and the experience of all users to enable organizations to innovate faster, collaborate more efficiently, and deliver more value with dramatically less effort. That's why many of the world's largest organizations trust Dynatrace® to modernize and automate cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.
For this role we are offering a Flexible Work from Home schedule.
***Candidates can either be Flex Remote (1-2 days in office), Flex In Office ( 3-4 days in office), or be in the office full time.
We're looking for an experienced Brand Strategist to join the Brand & Experience Team of our rapidly growing, global tech company.
Reporting to our Sr. Director of Brand & Experience, you'll be responsible for defining how we'll break through in a crowded industry and strategically resonate with our audience on an emotional level. You'll also be responsible for ensuring that that strategy flows through all touchpoints, from our dot com and digital marketing efforts, to global conferences and campaigns.
You'll leverage persona data, industry insights, and competitive analysis to drive our brand evolution and creative success.
Through methodical research and analysis of customer data, industry insights, and competitor evaluations, you will be responsible for synthesizing these touchpoints and using these key insights to drive our creative brand evolution to success.
As the first strategist on the Brand & Experience Team, we'll want you to define and sell your vision for exactly how strategy plays a role in our brand evolution, as well as a deep understanding of the entrepreneurial spirit needed in order to execute that vision.
As we grow, this position will be expected to build a team of strategy specialists and function as the leader of the Brand Strategy Team.
- An understanding of, and strong motivation to, conduct primary, qualitative, and quantitative research.
- Inherent curiosity about what makes customers tick - mindsets, motivations, and behaviors.
- Extremely strong critical thinking and writing skills.
- Conducting brand + competitive audits to identify current positioning and communication strategies, strengths, weaknesses, best practices, and opportunities.
- Keeping a pulse on culture and trends, using social listening tools, trend reports, and market landscape publications to bring these insights to client deliverables.
- Helping to draft brand foundation elements, messaging frameworks, and communications recommendations.
- Providing support on rebranding initiatives, including naming, positioning, brand architecture, personality, and tone of voice.
- Conducting primary research using several methodologies, including surveys, interviews, focus groups, and ethnography.
- Developing audience personas that capture behaviors, beliefs, mindsets, and cultural influences.
- Being able to gather, distill and summarize all audience, brand, and competitive insights into clear, powerful, and actionable recommendations.
- the development of a comprehensive user journey, which will enable us to more clearly see and understand the end-to-end experience of our prospects (and customers), enabling us to optimize accordingly.
- 10 - 13 years experience in Brand strategy/planning
- A love for unraveling brand, culture, user, market, and audience insights
- A thorough knowledge of the creative process
- Solid writing and storytelling skills, and an ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across departments
- Comfortable working across our organization and leading stakeholder interviews
- A good understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Agency experience a plus, but not a must
- History in leading a strategy team is a plus, but not a must
- History in the B2B enterprise software experience a plus, but not a must
- This position is expected to travel less than 15% of the time domestically and internationally. Extended overnight travel is required.
You should apply if you:
- Love to learn about new technology and you're curious about how things work at an in-depth level but have experience developing applications deployed to the cloud.
- Are articulate and pride yourself in conveying complex ideas in simple terms
- Are comfortable speaking to audiences in person and on video calls (in front of partners, execs, and stakeholders)
- Are capable of communicating to various personas at various levels from executive stakeholders to technical engineers and product managers
- Have a team-oriented mindset
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, creed, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact [email protected] . Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish. EEO is the Law / EEO is the Law Supplement . To be considered for this position, please upload your resume/CV.
Dynatrace requires all US employees, contractors or guests entering a US office or event to register with the CLEAR app with their vaccination information or self-certify that they have tested negative for Covid-19 within 48 hours prior to arrival.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.