If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Head of Marketing Analytics and Customer Insights to join our Marketing and Brand team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. In this role you’ll have an opportunity to set the vision, develop strategy, and grow the marketing analytics, customer insights and customer experience teams to interpret and translate data into actionable insights that inform growth and results across MassMutual’s Marketing organization.
In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Who are we.
The Marketing & Brand organization is an enterprise marketing function that strives to drive best in class marketing strategy and creative execution while creating exceptional customer experiences and growth for customers, products and partners. The Marketing & Brand team centralizes business line strategy with creative execution and measurement. This team is responsible for driving business growth and building and communicating our core brand values and goals.
What success looks like.
Our ideal candidate has proven experience overseeing customer-focused data-driven marketing and brand insights that influence the front and back side of integrated marketing programs. Keys to success are the data, insights, and analytics mindset to oversee two critical marketing functions: (1) Customer Insight and Experience principles and (2) Marketing Analytics and Technology.
This candidate will design the strategy and data around upfront customer insights necessary to design and customize marketing and product launch campaigns including owned and third party segmentation modeling and customer experience (CX) tools and models to build successful targeted engagement campaigns.
To ensure effective marketing campaign design and success, this candidate will also manage the team that tracks all data, analytics, marketing technology, and marketing channel performance analytics that create campaign dashboards, KPIs, and influence real time campaign decisions and budget allocations. Developing and maintaining an efficient and effective marketing stack comes with ease to this leader. Part of success includes creating stakeholder buy in and connecting tools across the enterprise. Also critical is a solid understanding of how to build, manage, and scale a marketing technology stack that can optimize and create real-time attribution and analysis to adjust marketing channel success and spend.
The successful candidate will also have experience across multiple business channels (B2C and B2B), to help drive insights that allow for the nuances of B2B audience while also creating data models to identify opportunities for market expansion and cross-sell growth across B2C and B2B business lines.
What your days and weeks will include.
- Setting the vision, strategy, and hiring roadmap for the Marketing Analytics and Customer Insights team.
- Develop a structured, strategic pipeline for customer research, insights and CX principles aligned with enterprise manufacturing and distribution goals. Align with other digital and service CX teams to create universal strategy for acquisition and retention.
- Drive analysis informing segmentation and targeting recommendations across all strategic marketing channels.
- Manage a centralized resource team that provides data support on the design, execution, and measurement of impactful marketing and product campaigns. Establish marketing analytics dashboards, OKRs, and cadence identifying goals and optimizing across multiple marketing channels
- Aggregate and analyze data from multiple advertising and media platform partners and analytics to tie multi-touch attribution models and optimization across all touchpoints and channels.
- Oversee team that will manage and deploy a marketing technology stack to support intelligence, marketing automation and feedback into overall strategy and performance plans. Tools and partners include retargeting such as Simulmedia, to social, digital, creative and CMS partners like LikedIn, Sprinklr, Seismic, Tableau, Google Analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Hearsay, Snowplow etc.
Partner with data science and enterprise technology teams on optimizing consumer data to drive business and brand goals such as awareness, conversion, acquisition and retention.
- Create future state multi channel customer journey maps and customer and product insights specific to influence customer interactions and unique behavior patterns.
- Maintain and enhance establish customer experience principles framework and expand on models, tools and guidelines to build world class customer experience programs.
- Gather and synthesize research and insights to stay on top of customer needs, sentiment, competition, and industry trends.
- Communicate findings and recommendations in a way that is clear and actionable for all partners at all levels.
- Work cross-functionally with leaders on Product, Strategic Marketing, Data Science, Enterprise technology teams.
- Partner with Marketing Strategy and Finance teams to develop and maintain a comprehensive forecasting tool to inform planning, budget allocation, and marketing channel efficiency recommendations.
The skills that make you a great fit.
- 15+ years of marketing measurement and analytics and customer research experience; 8+ years of experience in a management position leading integrated measurement and customer research teams
- Strong track record of managing sophisticated data and insights teams and an ability to collaborate across large organizations and a Marketing COE
- Strong understanding of audience-focused metrics, multi channel marketing, paid media measurement, attribution modeling and customer journey mapping
- Ability to clearly articulate B2C, B2B, product manufacturing and various distribution channel needs and insights to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in managing data intelligence, behavioral insight mining, statistical modeling, AI and other innovative customer / marketing measurement skills
- Track record of designing and building scalable self-service reports and dashboards to empower business partners with real-time insights and analytics
- Seasoned experience in marketing technology platforms and customer experience frameworks. Key partner and industry relationships a plus to maintain forward-thinking solutions and vision for measurement, experience insights and performance.
- Demonstrated success in building integrated measurement platforms across paid, owned, and earned media developing dashboard and models to identify and monitor key metrics associated with growth-driven brands, marketing and marketing ROI driven teams
- Proven ability to think strategically while balancing execution-oriented, proactive, creative and innovative thinking
- Strong interpersonal capabilities including abilities to develop strong trust-based relationships, manage effectively and build and motivate high-performing teams
- Polished communication skills. Humility. Ability to confidently lead presentations to non-marketing C-Level teams
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience working in a complex business environment, ideally in the financial services industry