Director of Public Relations
Greater Boston Area
Mendix provides a platform and approach that helps enterprises innovate and digitally transform their businesses and industries. Nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications to delight their customers and empower their employees. We experienced 78 percent growth in 2016 and are a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $15 billion by 2020.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value hard work, accountability, and results. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
We’re seeking a passionate, seasoned Public Relations Director to lead the media relations and awareness efforts globally for Mendix. The successful candidate in this role will define and execute strategic PR planning globally in collaboration with regional marketing and cross-functional teams and agencies. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in growing awareness globally for technology companies in hyper growth mode.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key media contacts, including: pitching, response to media requests, and identification of internal contacts for opportunities
- Manage and execute all parts of the press release lifecycle (including: writing/editing releases; securing internal and customer approvals; coordinating distribution plans)
- Prepare Mendix thought leaders, industry experts, and corporate representatives to speak with press and foster alignment around press messaging
- Manages internal resources, executives and external agency resources to create feature stories, press releases, new articles, columns, editorials, personnel announcements, other printed and online/electronic media materials.
- Develops, manages and evaluates internal communications as needed
- Develops communication standards, guidelines, templates, and tools
- Serves as an accessible, accurate and trusted media spokesperson,
- Advisor to senior executives and leaders on effective media engagement techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism required
- 10-12 years of experience in a public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or related role with demonstrated experience in media relations
- Experience working in high tech industry required and specifically software solutions.
- Skills in writing for a wide variety of assignments including analytical thinking to write material on complex subjects as well as creative writing ability
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether verbal or written
Read Full Job Description