Director, PR at Klaviyo
The Brand Marketing & Communications team is responsible for telling the story of how Klaviyo empowers businesses to grow, thrive and engage with customers on their own terms. The team is a fast-growing, high-impact group that works cross-functionally with key business stakeholders, touching every corner of the organization. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, unique knack for creative brand building and clever problem solving, coupled with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, define this team. This role will require a deep understanding of the marketing communications industry, tech media relations, corporate PR, executive thought-leadership, partnerships, events as well as brand storytelling.
This is a unique opportunity to help build our global brand and be a part of a company changing how businesses grow, connect and thrive.
How You'll Make a Difference
Klaviyo is looking for a Director of Public Relations to lead and coordinate communications strategy for our global PR efforts, anchoring messaging to the company's mission and narrative, while working closely with key stakeholders and executives to drive forward business objectives. This role can be based in Boston or San Francisco and will report to the Vice President of Brand Marketing & Communications.
This individual will:
- Oversee and manage communications plans from start to finish, as the go-to internal comms resource and liaison for global team members and PR agencies
- Develop strategic media engagement and execution strategy to elevate the company's relationship with key industry trade and consumer media at the global level by telling the story of how Klaviyo empowers businesses to grow, thrive and engage with customers on their own terms
- Direct proactive media strategy and launches for Klaviyo's rapidly growing suite of products, innovations and new verticals
- Manage and select in-country PR agencies
- Build, hire and lead a team of talented local market communicators (both in-house and agency) as we scale the business in the US and beyond
Who You Are
- You have 8+ years of experience building and scaling communications programs across consumer, B2B or product, working with a diverse set of global media outlets
- You have helped to own PR and media relations for a fast-growing VC-backed tech company, are familiar with the path to IPO and IPO-related media relations
- You have 5+ years of proven experience hiring, managing and onboarding external agencies, along with building and leading teams in different markets and/or geographies
- You ideally have a great set of journalist and editor relationships in the tech press
- You have deep experience developing strategic communications programs with a global mindset, researching and understanding cultural nuances everywhere Klaviyo exists
- You thrive working in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments
- You are comfortable coaching advising senior leadership and executives on all things PR
- You possess excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- You’re a fabulous writer and editor and aren’t afraid to write press releases yourself; you’ve got a knack for writing eye-catching headlines
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.