Director, Partner Marketing
Greater Boston Area
Our community of agency and tech platform partners is one of the most valuable go-to-market avenues for Klaviyo. From co-marketing activities to organic word-of-mouth to direct lead referrals, our partners are a critical component to our success. As the Director of Partner Marketing, you will oversee all marketing activities to and with our partners.
Your specific areas of responsibility include:
Identifying, prioritizing, and directing co-marketing campaigns.
This includes online campaigns, as well as co-hosted events and meetups. We’re never short on invitations to participate in co-marketing opportunities, so a big part of your role will be defining, communicating, and enforcing a framework for prioritizing the most impactful co-marketing opportunities.
Managing content contributions from partners.
In addition to formal co-marketing programs, our partners are also a great resource for blog content, case studies, and speaking slots at Klaviyo events. You’ll work closely with our community team on identifying and leveraging opportunities for high-value content contributions from our partner ecosystem.
Marketing outreach to & driving engagement with our partner ecosystem.
You’ll be responsible for campaigns and activities to keep us top-of-mind with partners, including monitoring and promoting a partner Slack channel; developing a scalable, ongoing mechanism for sharing valuable updates and content with our partners; and supporting relationship management efforts from our channel managers.
Your team is responsible for making sure partners know what Klaviyo does; understand the value we deliver to their clients and end-users; and talk about us in a way that’s consistent with our brand. You’ll be charged both with updating existing sales collateral and educational materials for partners, as well as creating new assets as needed.
Managing and expanding a high-performance team.
You'll be charged with recruiting, hiring, structuring, and leading an exceptionally strong team. You’ll need to understand how to delegate, motivate, and set targets for your and your team’s success. On Day 1, you’ll have 1-2 direct reports.
Ultimately, your success is tied to new customer MRR from partners. But as the lead for partner marketing efforts, you are directly measured by:
- Depth and breadth of our partnerships - or the extent to which we are the dominant partner for the top ecommerce platforms, key solutions providers and agencies in the ecommerce space.
- The number of “advocacy acts” from our partners, including promotion for Klaviyo; contributing to our content and events; or otherwise promoting our brand publicly.
- The volume and quality of the leads they’re referring.
Getting Started - Key Outcomes
In the first 30 days, you’ll have:
- Gotten up to speed on the Klaviyo product, business, and brand.
- Held introductory calls / meetings with our elite agency partners and key contacts at our tech platform partners.
- Analyzed the historical impact of our partner ecosystem on awareness, lead generation, new customer acquisition, and customer lifetime value.
- Established KPIs and goals to measure your team’s progress.
Within 90 days, you’ll have:
- Documented our partner marketing strategy and quarterly plan.
- Mapped out the partner ecosystem, including the categories of partners and the strength of our relationships with them.
- Overseen at least two partner co-marketing initiatives.
- Set up a regular dashboard to report out on your team’s performance.
- Defined and distributed a framework for how to prioritize co-marketing opportunities.
Before you hit your first year anniversary, you’ll:
- Organized a partner track at our annual conference, Klaviyo:BOS
- Executed at least one event specifically for our partners
- Increased the leads referred to us by partners by 3x
- Increased the number of high value partners for Klaviyo by 3x, where high value is defined by a partner who refers leads that convert into customers.
You understand the value partners offer and you excel at finding the intersection between driving high value for their businesses as well as our own. You’re incredibly proactive in forming strong relationships both inside and outside your company. You’re a skilled communicator and operationally minded; you’ve also hired and mentored strong marketers. You have direct experience with structuring and running successful co-marketing campaigns. You don’t operate reactively; you’re comfortable with parsing through a seemingly infinite number of opportunities and prioritizing those that are most impactful. You’re energized by rapid growth environments, and most of all you’re a strong leader who understands how to build and motivate a high performance team.
Read Full Job Description