Director, Internal Communications at DraftKings
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:12 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, July 16, 2020
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Be part of a groundbreaking company.
In this role, you will lead a team responsible for developing our proactive, company-wide communications and initiatives that educate our workforce on the company’s mission and strategic priorities. You will develop creative communications channels including video, events, podcasts, written communications, and more. The ideal candidate will bring fresh, creative and well thought out ideas and experience, and excel at working collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels.
What you’ll do as a Director of Internal Communications:
- Work collaboratively with executive leaders and cross-functional partners to tell our company story internally.
- Listen and seek to understand how our employees want to be communicated with and leverage that information to develop strategies to deliver important messages.
- Act as a storyteller to develop beautiful and creative communication for broad and varied audiences across DraftKings.
- Develop, mentor, and lead a team of communications professionals ensuring alignment with tone, style, and culture.
- Partner closely with other internal and external communications teams to align on communication opportunities.
What skills you will use:
- 10-12+ years of internal communications and corporate communications—experience leading internal communications team.
- Experience communicating for a global audience with multiple types of audiences and channels.
- Practice leading a function focused on storytelling and proactive communication.
- Experience with events, logistics and various types of creative content development.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in communications, journalism, creative writing or marketing.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
Read Full Job Description