Director, Email Marketing at Chewy
Chewy is seeking a customer-centric Director of Email to join our marketing team, based in Dania Beach, FL headquarters. This role will drive the strategic development and evolution of our eMail program. This position will oversee both day to day operations of the program as well as will out best in class dynamic, customer driven channel that engages and delights pet parents.
What You’ll Do:
- Evangelize an audience first approach to cadence strategy, channel planning and content.
- Partner with Data Science team to dramatically enhance our ability to segment our audience and target our message while building for future state
- Set the vision and the roadmap to evole our email program from a product led program to a customer led program that is dynamically driven, using ML to develop emails at a customer level
- Rapidly buildout additional 1:1 marketing touchpoints that engage the consumer and build loyalty to Chewy
- Evaluate current platforms and processes to enhance effectiveness of the program and will support future vision of future state.
- Drive effectiveness of program by maximizing engagement metrics (open rate, click thru rate, conversion)
- Develop robust test and learn agendas that lead to strong programs, meaningful improvements in performance and a better customer experience
- Iterate fast and incorporate learnings to continually improve the channel and experience
- Establish a process to regularly socialize results and insights with key stakeholders
- Build a high-performing team that champions the consumer experience
What You’ll Need:
- A passion for the customer and a proven track record of developing a customer first email channel
- 10+ years of marketing experience, ideally in email marketing, CRM or insights
- Experience across various marketing email platforms and supporting technology add-ons
- Deep understanding of email deliverability and best practices
- Thorough understanding of customer data, crm principles and lifecycle marketing
- Experience using AI or ML insights in marketing campaigns
- Deep understanding of ecommerce metrics, experience with google analytics a plus.
- A natural curiosity around consumer behavior, macro-trends and business impact. Up-to-date on ever evolving email space including new platforms, tools and technology
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, solve problems, remove barriers and challenge status-quo.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to read relevant data, draw conclusions, and provide recommended course of action
- Must be nimble enough to negotiate with multiple stakeholders, be able to defend work, and also know when to accept direction.
- Be a self-starter who thrives in ambiguous environments and adapts easily to change.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Must know how to get work done within a large and complex organization involving multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree, masters a plus
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com