Director, Dealer Relations at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
Digital Retail is one of the pillars for CarGurus growing business. We are looking for someone with automotive industry experience and insight to help us assess opportunities and evangelize them internally and to our network of dealers. You will serve as the voice of the customer to ensure we are creating an experience that creates success.What you'll do:
- Deliver Digital Retail thought leadership content through live presentations at events including industry conferences and customer meetings.
- Become CarGurus’ key Digital Retail ambassador to Dealers, OEM companies, and third parties. Develop a deep network of influential industry relationships to communicate the CarGurus Digital Retail value proposition
- Meet with Digital Retail providers to identify partnerships and M&A opportunities
- Attend industry Trade-shows/conferences to meet with existing and potential partners
- Help craft the future of Digital Retail at CarGurus by communicating dealer needs and motivations internally.
- Develop collaborative working relationships across the organization; work with these cross-functional business partners to ensure alignment on the Digital Retail narrative.
- Partner closely with our PR and IR departments to develop commentary and serve as a key spokesperson.
- Work cross-functional across marketing and sales to develop competitive analysis and identify playbook opportunities.
- Experience or knowledge of the US automotive and dealer industry
- 7+ years in a business development, industry relations, or consulting role
- 5+ years of automotive industry experience is strongly preferred
- Leadership role in a dealership a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning and messaging. Can present complex information clearly and concisely to industry leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in the organization
- Proactive and results-oriented, can drive new processes and function effectively as an independent contributor
- Comfort working in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Open to travel
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary (e.g. owner mentality)
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more