Director, Core Product Marketing at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is growing rapidly and profitably. Our platform handles billions of events and consists of multiple building blocks that can be combined and reused to deliver outstanding value for customers. Our hypergrowth opens up many interesting opportunities to excel and grow - from scaling to 10X the previous year workload, to being part of internal start-ups that seek to explore markets that our technology can help, to being part of a team that is constantly reinventing themselves to continue to deliver customer value faster even as we continue to grow in size.
Director, Product Marketing
As the Director, Product Marketing, you are a strategic thinker and compelling storyteller who is highly experienced in leading product marketing teams and passionate about collaborating with customers. In this role, you will drive product positioning and messaging for all of Klaviyo’s products based on a deep understanding of our customer, their needs and the marketplace. You are an exceptional product champion and have extensive experience in enterprise B2B and SMB product marketing, as well as proven success in collaborating with Product Management teams to establish key requirements based on customer and market feedback. You have experience developing strategic and compelling product messaging for B2B and SMB software products, and you have successfully launched high growth products in your career. You deeply understand market dynamics, customer needs, the competitive landscape and product levers to drive product messaging and value proposition for Klaviyo’s platform and products.
How You will Make a Difference:
- Team Leader:· Design, build and lead a world-class Product Marketing team that PMMs crave to be a part of to develop their skills and grow their careers
- Product Launches: Collaborate with the Go To Market team to plan the market launch of new products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan, to ensure new product releases are successful delivered to the market quickly and efficiently
- Product Positioning: Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Product Education: Teach customer facing teams about our product, why it’s special and differentiated so they can communicate it’s value to our customers and prospects.
- Market and Competitive Analysis: Evaluate industry trends, competitors, and standards, and how they apply to Klaviyo’s overall product strategy
- Product Expert: Act as key internal subject matter expert on our product, keeping Klaviyos and our community informed on what on our roadmap progress and improvements to our product experience.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years’ Product Marketing experience with passion for customer experience and creating clear messaging and product positioning
- Solid ability to problem-solve and think strategically
- Ability to conduct research and shape the problem space in ambiguous settings
- Collaborative approach to work with cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated; able to work independently while coordinating activities with cross-divisional teams in remote locations
- Team player; able to communicate with technical and business experts at all levels of the organization
- Ability to motivate people
- Experience in customer engagements
- Confident personality and strong interpersonal skills with track record for influencing outside span of control
- Background with middleware products, such as big data, data integration, cloud and application integration technologies
- Strong presentation skills and ability to deal with ambiguity is a must
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.