Brand Marketing Manager at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Brand Marketing Manager to join our consumer marketing team and lead brand marketing programs. This person will be equally passionate about creative and data, and appreciate that effective brand campaigns require a mix of art and science.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Marketing and play an integral part in the execution of CarGurus marketing strategy, working with our internal marketing team, creative resources and external agencies. The ideal candidate will have strong marketing experience mostly focused in brand marketing.What you'll do:
- Lead the execution of breakthrough brand programs: Develop engaging and compelling marketing communication that creates emotional connections with consumers and drives awareness, preference and performance
- Develop agency briefs with inspiring insights and clear goals
- Manage agencies/third parties and partner with internal teams to build brand creative that resonates with today’s consumers and delivers against KPIs
- Evaluate creative ideas and thinking with a critical eye and understanding of the brand equity, vision and strategic priorities
- Drive critical new thinking behind right content / creative and right channel utilization, focusing on the target consumer and how they consume branded content (including digital, social, community, etc.)
- Contribute to refining brand positioning to drive awareness and preference within a rapidly changing marketplace
- Provide cross-functional leadership and direction to translate strategy into tactics and action.
- Track and manage brand business performance. Analyze and report market and competitor trends to identify core business threats / opportunities, working with other teams. Analyze and report key marketing metrics with a view to strengthening marketing plan / activities for the future.
- Grow peers and junior marketing personnel through coaching, knowledge sharing and feedback
- 5 – 7+ years of prior marketing experience required, with some or all of that in brand marketing
- eCommerce or Digital brand experience a plus
- MBA preferred
- Someone who takes ownership and is strategic but can also roll up their sleeves to drive tactics and get the work done
- A partner who can work collaboratively to create a results-driven and team-oriented environment and demonstrated ability to forge highly effective cross-functional partnerships
- Working knowledge of various data analysis and reporting tools and comfort in getting up to speed on new tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Looker, Excel or similar business intelligence tools)
We ask questions and test ideas. When tests fail, we learn from them. After all, you can’t innovate and succeed without taking some risks. We’re also collaborative, not cutthroat. This is a place where lunch is catered daily and lots of folks eat it together (by choice!), a place where business goals are shared so that everyone’s on the same page. We’re real people, and want you to bring your authentic self to work. That means you don’t have to love cars or fit a certain mold to work here. Our unique perspectives are what make us stand out! We also give every employee equity in the company, and here you’ll find everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. It’s our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.