Technical Recruiter - Boston at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Technical Recruiting team is part of the engineering organization and reports to the CTO. Every year the engineering team approximately doubles in size, and we are responsible for maintaining this ever-accelerating growth of the engineering team and the company. We are organized in highly collaborative pods of full-lifecycle recruiters and coordinators.
We’re experiencing tremendous growth in New York City and Paris, and now need recruiters to help us quickly grow our engineering team in Boston, too. We plan to quadruple our engineering headcount in Boston this year!
This recruiter will be the first onsite recruiter dedicated to hiring engineers. They'll own all aspects of recruiting including outreach, screening and interviewing, managing candidates, and acting as an advisor to hiring managers and interview teams. In this role you will also help shape our employment brand by being the voice of the organization and hiring the best talent for our open roles. Additionally you'll help mentor and train additional technical recruiters as we continue to grow the tech recruiting team in Boston.
- Own full lifecycle recruiting
- Ensuring that every candidate has an excellent interview experience regardless of outcome
- Mentoring and training new team members
- Ensure that the right roles are getting the right attention
- At least 4-6 years of full-lifecycle experience recruiting engineers
- At least 2 years hiring engineers in Boston specifically
- Resourceful in using creative tools to identify and attract highly in-demand talent
- Deep understanding of the technical landscape and able to speak eloquently about software development
- Superior negotiating and closing skills
- Startup experience as an in-house recruiter preferred
- Experience mentoring or managing other technical recruiters and/or sourcers
- 1-2 years of technical recruiting experience within an agency
- 2+ years of internal technical recruiting experience in an early stage start-up or company experiencing rapid growth
- Track record of hiring Distributed Systems Engineers and Data Engineers with a focus on scaling systems and solving problems related to scale
If you’d love to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in Boston (and New York and Paris), contact us! Your compensation will include a competitive salary, equity, and generous benefits.