Talent Management Operations Manager at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Talent Management Operations Manager to join our Talent Management team based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate has experience with leading and executing programs that define and measure talent, drive team member engagement, and develop team members in a customer-centric approach. This role supports the business collaborating with various business partners to implement new projects as well as improve upon cyclical projects already rolled out. This role will play a large part in ensuring continual success of Chewy’s Talent Management programs.
What You'll Do:
- This role will lead execution of organization-wide programs at Chewy. Examples include Talent Review process, promotion process, and Engagement Survey. The expectation is that the incumbent of this role refines and improves current processes.
- Support Talent Management Operations leader in the execution of new processes to be executed in Talent Management. New projects include initiatives that have not been rolled out yet and are being created for the first time.
- Act as a primary point of contact for existing programs and initiatives—this includes meetings with program leaders and their respective team members and problem solving any issues or concerns with customers, stakeholders, or business partners.
- Lead aspects of project planning, collaborating with business partners, creating resources to support projects, leading organization-wide communication plans, rolling out said projects and completing post-mortems to gather feedback from customers on how to improve.
- Have a product-centric mindset in project execution to provide the best possible deliverable to customers. This includes user experience and interfaces with technology such as Workday.
- Partner with other departments within Talent Management and the greater HR organization to request deliverables needed to properly execute company-wide programs.
- Create training materials for execution and train customers on project execution, timing and other relevant details.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Talent Management Operations leader to gather feedback on programs, understand business needs and successfully execute projects. Often HR Business Partners will act as stewards of the programs and the incumbent of this role will need to be able to build relationships with and influence HR leaders up to CHRO.
- Lead any change management aspects of existing projects and support Talent Management Operations leader in any new initiative change management, as necessary.
- Partner with Talent Management Operations leader on determining service level agreements or new projects based on current workload, scope of project, other business initiatives and capacity.
- Onboarding of processes into the Talent Operations team from other parts of Talent Management.
- Run periodic reporting on metrics for internal customers to measure success of processes or highlight / proactively point out gaps that need to be addressed
- Analyze and tell a story with data at various points of projects with critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned, at times with minimal notice.
What You'll Need:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a fast-paced environment supporting various company programs and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent attention to detail is a must; as you will be responsible for leading and executing company-wide programs, and reporting results to senior business leaders
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and pull analytics to tell a story with the numbers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to influence business partners, stakeholders, and leaders in an effort to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Passion for matters that define our ability to successfully define and evaluate talent, Team Member experience and development
- Ability to comfortably manage various tasks and knowing how to prioritize them effectively
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Position may require travel
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or another HR field
- Experience with process improvement
- Experience with change management Experience in presenting to high level leaders and large groups
- Experience in rapidly growing, fast-paced environments