Talent Management Lead
MassMutual Human Resources is a dedicated team of HR professionals who share a common vision to create a workplace of choice where innovative, diverse and exceptional people thrive together. Our approach to HR is strategic and proactive. We have an outstanding opportunity for a strategic-minded professional to assume the role Talent Management Lead in our Talent Practices Center of Excellence. Through consulting, coaching, and partnering on the talent management strategy, the Talent Management Lead will partner with HR and our leaders to help them better leverage talent to exceed business goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Head of Talent Management, this role will have the unique opportunity to support our Sr. Human Resource Business Partners to drive talent management practices in their respective businesses, as well as lead talent management initiatives across the enterprise.
- Implement and execute the talent strategy aimed at strengthening the leadership bench of particular business groups.
- Strategic consultation and partnership with HR Business Partner to build out talent strategy in respective client groups.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement various processes within talent management such as, (but not limited to): Performance Management, Talent and Succession Planning, 360°, Leader/Manager Development, Team Effectiveness, Internal Mobility, Change Management, Diversity and Inclusion, Executive Coaching, Development Programs; and ensure consideration of trends/themes with both internal and external benchmarks, applicable vendor management and detailed reporting/analysis.
- Partner with and/or coach HR and the respective business leaders how to successfully execute these processes and initiatives for long term success.
- Responsible for the alignment and integration of talent initiatives with business and HR strategies, while ensuring diversity and a culture of inclusion are seamlessly embedded.
- For critically identified talent, work with HR to ensure actionable development plans and experiences are in place and then executed to prepare leaders for future assignments, as well as current career growth.
- Facilitate briefings for leaders on topics that pertain to talent, leadership, diversity, developing bench strength, performance management, etc.
- Own and ensure consistent reporting practices are in place to effectively measure performance.
- Manage assessments and leadership programs to drive the planning; ensuring business engagement, selection of appropriate candidates, participation, vendor management and metrics.
- Maintain external visibility to development and trends in the TM/LD field, engage in external networks and access external expertise where necessary to be able to provide support and advice to the broader HR community and the business groups.
- Promote One HR to leverage expertise and capability to achieve the greatest business impact. Collaborate effectively with all HR partners to share business concerns, identify optimal solutions and programs.
- Help protect the company‘s ethical reputation and mitigate liability related to employment practices and data integrity.
- Support Human Resource projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree and a strong foundation of experience in a talent management or leadership development role with a proven track record of managing talent/leadership development initiatives
- Demonstrated strategic mindset, effective consulting and influencing skills including project and process management experience
- Service and results oriented (both in person and remote), high attention to detail, critical thinking and with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills to effectively influence peers and leaders of a specific audience
- Proven ability to collaborate and build trust, within complex organizational relationships, within teams, and one-on-one
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office skills and ability to maintain and navigate through data systems, as well as proven creative abilities
- Flexibility, adaptability, agility; able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
- Comfortable operating in a highly matrixed environment
- Experience partnering with senior business leaders on business strategy, organizational design and talent optimization; experience in coaching
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- 10-15% travel expected
- MOD, MBA, Masters in IO Psych or related field highly desirable
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience.