Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
We're seeking an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist, reporting into Soofa’s Director of HR, to 2x our team in 2021. As the first in-house recruiter at Soofa, you'll be responsible for our hiring and recruiting processes, which will include partnering with hiring managers across all teams, scheduling/interviewing candidates, maintaining an outstanding candidate experience, and helping to close new candidates. We'll also look to you to help us refine our processes as we grow. This is an exciting, rare opportunity to scale a growing startup and lay your own groundwork for a Director of Talent Acquisition path.
Candidates from underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply. Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome, Boston area preferred.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Learn more about Soofa's culture here.
- Screen candidates, manage virtual interview experience, handle dozens of phone/virtual interviews weekly across all roles, schedule and coordinate candidate interviews with hiring managers, and seamlessly maintain the world's most organized ATS
- Create a fair, fun, and equitable experience for all candidates
- Source a high volume of candidates using Linkedin, job boards, and other strategies tbd by you
- Find innovative ways to bring diverse talent to Team Soofa
- Flex your creative muscles with employer branding projects
- Lead implementation of new ATS, training hiring managers as needed
- 2+ years' experience sourcing, interviewing, and hiring candidates at a growing company
- 1+ years' scheduling experience
- Spreadsheet and data reporting expert—love of data is a must
- Understanding of and excitement around KPIs/metrics/goals
- Thrives in a bustling and collaborative team environment
- Thoughtful and empathetic
- Excited to give and receive feedback to/from the leadership team daily
Bonus Points For
- Startup experience
- Technical recruiting experience
- Event planning experience
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.