Who We Are – MassMutual
At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future. We’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual. MassMutual was named a Top Place to Work in 2019 according to The Boston Globe and No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
Meet the Team – Talent Acquisition
It is an exciting time at MassMutual! MassMutual is going through an HR Transformation, continuing to be a leading customer-centric company. The Talent Acquisition team is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative problem solvers who are motivated to create the utmost candidate and hiring manager experience, using innovative recruiting tools to move MassMutual – and the industry – forward. The team culture is collaborative, cross-functional, and uses old and new technologies combined with work/life balance.
- Enterprise-wide transition to a unified talent acquisition operating model
- Expansion of sourcing and recruiting tools to work smarter, strategically sourcing top talent
- Revitalization of the sourcing and recruitment processes by leveraging People Analytics data to drive decisions
The Opportunity – Talent Acquisition Partner
Are you able to earn confidence and trust by demonstrating ownership, commitment and follow-through in achieving results? Are you able to effectively hunt for top passive talent? Can you manage priorities effectively and adapt quickly to achieve goals, while thriving in complex, uncertain and changing situations? Are you known to inform others clearly, timely and appropriately? Can you speak up when it matters, ask tough questions, make decisions and/or admit when help is needed?
If yes... keep reading, this opportunity is for you!
As the Talent Acquisition Partner, you will be responsible for the full life cycle of recruitment to ensure that MassMutual attracts, hires and retains diverse top talent while developing a strong pipeline. As the domain expert, you will provide subject matter expertise to an assigned area of a functional business or line of business and will partner closely with hiring managers and other internal stakeholders to assess long-term and short-term strategic recruiting needs for our niche, advanced and director level roles. In your new role, as the Talent Acquisition Partner, your responsibilities will encompass the full spectrum of the recruiting process including sourcing, screening, interviewing, evaluation and selection. This is not a post and pray type of position! A key component of this position will be the proactive development of candidate pools/pipelines to deliver a top-quality diverse talent pools with niche skill sets. You will be expected to actively hunt for passive top, diverse talent!
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide value added recruiting services to designated lines of business
- Act as a consultant to hiring managers to develop and implement robust recruiting and sourcing strategies
- Work creatively, independently and with a large degree of latitude to achieve recruiting success
- Execute and manage full life cycle recruiting efforts with a strong focus on diversity and candidate care including job description/posting oversight, sourcing, screening, interviewing, evaluating and closing top talent.
- Plan, attend and manage recruitment events as needed
- Responsible for building credible and collaborative relationships within the assigned business units including but not limited to Hiring Managers, HR business partners and Talent Acquisition colleagues.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on diversity recruitment initiatives
- Pro-actively leverage social media channels & professional networking vehicles for robust sourcing results
- Meet all defined service level agreements with regards to timelines, recruiting metrics and compliance guidelines
- Proactively gain market insights to utilize/leverage with sourcing, attracting and hiring top talent as well as providing competitive information to business lines
- Consult with compensation regarding market data and specific compensation needs and initiatives.
- Assist in the definition of process and procedure with thought leadership with regards to recruiting “Best Practices” and legal compliance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 8+ years of prior talent acquisition experience
- 5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience
- 5+ years of experience sourcing passive candidates to deliver niche skill sets and a diverse talent pool
- Preferred specialty recruiting in any of the following designations: tech, finance, actuarial or sales
- The ability to interface and influence all levels of management & stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in providing pro-active, cost-effective recruiting solutions is critical to success.
- A business-driven mindset is key to understanding the client's needs and providing value added recruiting services.
- Top of mind customer service mentality to deliver an excellent candidate and hiring manager experience while adhering to service level agreements
- Familiarity with employment law in an OFCCP compliant environment
- Experience utilizing an applicant tracking system, preferably Workday.
- Experience using a CRM, preferably Smashfly
- Advanced sourcing skills to identify and attract passive & diverse talent for critical openings and talent pool
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix driven growth environment
- Illustrated ability creatively to problem solve with independence and confidence
- Proven mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational and problem-solving skills