Sr. HRIS Specialist (Workday) at Indigo
We’re an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
Indigo’s Senior HRIS Specialist has a primary focus on Workday HCM modules and consults with business and IT team members about complex initiatives and issues. This individual will work in a global, cross-functional environment and design, implement, and modify multiple custom or packaged applications and reporting tools. Using various project management frameworks, the Senior HRIS Specialist will identify ways to streamline processes to improve quality and effectiveness. The Senior HRIS Specialist will leverage IT-related best practices to deliver business solutions. The incumbent must be resilient and flexible in response to a rapidly growing organization with changing business needs.
Provide input on a forward-thinking vision to collaboratively design cross-functional processes and solutions to meet business challenges:
- Independently execute complex configuration, reporting, and other technical activities.
- Present flexible, scalable, and supportable options to stakeholders and help them vet alternatives that support project and business objectives.
Assess current and future People Team tech needs to maximize efficiency, create smart scalable solutions, and close manual process gaps:
- Proactively identify ways by which IT can add value to business teams to improve processes and effectively communicate them to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with, and facilitate communication between, IT and business partners to drive change.
- Demonstrate how new technologies, best practices, and trends can be incorporated into business and IT processes leveraging a strong understanding of end-to-end processes.
Lead the People Team portion of Workday planning, implementation & integrations:
- Owns automation in People process
- Proactively estimate, plan, manage, communicate, and execute essential duties with a focus on the uniqueness of each project.
- Maintain strong, ongoing relationships with business partners, project teams, and other stakeholders including external vendors.
- Create or oversee the creation of clear and concise documentation throughout all project phases and activities.
Design and Implement solutions for end-user adoption and productivity improvement, with usability in mind:
- Execute the day-to-day operations of all People-related systems.
- Design and implement solutions for end-user adoption and productivity improvement, with usability in mind.
- Partner with the business teams to share project information and validate test scripts. Will also perform and coordinate system testing and write and execute testing plans.
- Design and deliver high-quality training to end-users.
- Serve as a mentor and peer reviewer to other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Run reports as needed
- Maintain data integrity
- Work with Sr. People Systems Manager to mitigate issues and perform root-cause analysis
- Establish strong, positive relationships with all People Team – Centers of Excellence
Understands and embodies our mission & core values:
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Able to manage multiple, changing priorities. Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude
- Intrinsic love of all things tech
- Team player: flexible and adaptable
- Puts structure around ambiguity. Builds, not just maintains
- Strong, proactive communication. Advises and influences
- Understands “People Team Functional Processes”
- Strong collaboration across department/function
- Constantly seeks out process/automation improvements
- Customer-focused mindset
- Process-driven: mind operates in a process-oriented way
- Detail-oriented: produces work with minimal errors
- Organized: can verbally and visually express thoughts
- 5+ years professional HRIS management experience in business analysis, application design, implementation, and support or as a superuser preferred.
- 3+ years of Workday experience across all modules
- Able to work with functional groups and different levels of employees throughout the organization to achieve results effectively and professionally.
- Knowledge of US and Global data laws
- Experience with SEM in Workday
- Workday systems implementation experience required
- Experience in a high growth company headcount of ~1,000 is ideal
- In-depth knowledge of HRIS events (compensation, talent acquisition, open enrollment, benefits, etc.)
- Experience setting-up automated feeds
- Experience automating new hire entry (onboarding)
- International experience is preferred
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.