Senior Technical Recruiter
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Tech Recruiting team at CarGurus is growing! We are currently covering all engineering hiring at CarGurus in Cambridge, MA. We are responsible for sourcing, candidate experience, closing, and working with stakeholders across all levels. Our team is crucial to the growth of this company. We encourage creativity, humor, and adaptability.
If you enjoy a group of people who are not afraid to be themselves and do some hard work, this is the team for you.
What You'll Do:
- Manage candidates from start to finish. You can source, network and work with people. You bring a high level of customer service from the initial outreach to the closing stages.
- Successfully work in a fast paced, self-starting environment. We have a team where questions and collaboration are encouraged but micro managing is not.
- Source: We are recruiters at the end of the day. We need to source engineers and vet them using a variety of different tools. Creativity is encouraged.
- Build strong relationships with business leaders and hiring managers across the company.
- Experience with Greenhouse (or similar ATS) and interest in establishing or promoting best practices and processes for the team.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of technical recruiting experience.
- A mix of both corporate and agency recruiting experience.
- Proven success in recruiting for Software Engineers with professional experience.
- Sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure and maintain goals.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.